PDA

View Full Version : Can I use Collinite 845 after I coated rims with Carpro DLux Quartz?

SToti
10-28-2020, 04:55 PM
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I’m no professional detailer.

It’s the first time I used Carpro DLux on my mag wheels.

I was just wondering, after the DLux is properly cured if it will be worth it to wax with Collinite 845. Or am I just wasting my time and defeating the properties of DLux?

Many thanks.

acuRAS82
10-28-2020, 05:32 PM
Defeating the properties of DLUX in my opinion. Plus 845 might be so solvent strong that it impacts DLUX negatively (don’t know that for sure). But either way I think the wheels will stay cleanest and deflect break dust best with DLUX being the interface to the world.

PaulMys
10-28-2020, 05:40 PM
Defeating the properties of DLUX in my opinion. Plus 845 might be so solvent strong that it impacts DLUX negatively (don’t know that for sure). But either way I think the wheels will stay cleanest and deflect break dust best with DLUX being the interface to the world.

Agreed. I would use one or the other, not both.

57Rambler
10-28-2020, 07:16 PM

:iagree:

845 contains naptha.

SToti
10-28-2020, 08:16 PM
Many thanks to all of you for the valuable info.

I really appreciate your guidance and I will definitely use it.

Best regards.

The Guz
10-28-2020, 08:22 PM
Put a second coat if anything else. No need for 845.

Coatingsarecrack
10-29-2020, 02:59 AM
Just use reload or some other type of ceramic sealant. griots ceramic 3-1 is great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desertnate
10-29-2020, 07:19 AM
Concur with everyone else. Stick with the coating.

845 is a great sealant and I used it for a number of years, but it's no coating. It won't last as long and it doesn't have the great water behavior properties of a coating. I also found it tended to attract dust/pollen, so in this instance you'd be defeating the whole purpose of coating your wheels.

At one point I did apply 845 to my wheels, but found the performance on wheels to be nowhere near what I experienced when it was applied to the rest of the paint.

FUNX650
10-29-2020, 06:10 PM

It’s the first time I used Carpro DLux
on my mag wheels.

I was just wondering, after the DLux is
properly cured if it will be worth it to wax
with Collinite 845. Or am I just wasting my
time and defeating the properties of DLux?

•Since mag wheels are very porous (nearly
like a natural sponge)]...I’m wondering:

In order to provide protection: how much
DLux would it take to actually seal them up?
Or, if that could even/ever be accomplished?

•Personally:
-I just use products such as Mothers Mag
polishes to clean and protect mag wheels.
Easy as pie.

Bob

DUBL0WS6
10-30-2020, 10:18 AM
I'd use 303 spray sealant on wheels at every wash.

Thomkirby
10-30-2020, 01:59 PM

It’s the first time I used Carpro DLux on my mag wheels.

I was just wondering, after the DLux is properly cured if it will be worth it to wax with Collinite 845. Or am I just wasting my time and defeating the properties of DLux?

Many thanks.

Do a proper job on the DLUX and no need to add anything more. I did a 'wheels-off' over two years ago and used DLUX on factory aluminum (clear coated) wheels. I ONLY used DLUX and applied it twice during the application to make sure it was on all the surfaces, face and barrels.

Only use soapy water during the wash or pressure washer to keep them clean. If you do this at least each month you will not need any aggressive wheel cleaning products. After about two months I use the Carpro Reload as a topper to keep the face of the wheel it's very best.

Still running them like this for about 2-years now so time to do again. But never apply anything more, why waste time and product.

My Opinion Only