PDA

View Full Version : Leaky 303 sprayer

Pages : [1] 2 3

Kazper
10-21-2020, 09:55 PM
Anyone else had this happen?

I bought the uv interior protectant and fabric guard. When using both, it leaks all over my hands. At first I thought maube it was a faulty bottle until I received another 303 sprayer with the same exact issue.

If I like a product I typically but a bottle of it and then a gallon refill. With a horrible sprayer, I think buying the larger refill size makes more sense.

Jayfro
10-21-2020, 10:01 PM
Ditto...I have the Protectant and the bottle leaks every time you squeeze the trigger! I think I’ve wasted a quarter of the bottle in my hand, very disappointing.

The actual trigger comes out of its housing and you have to place it back it in!

Jay

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

IH8SPM
10-21-2020, 10:12 PM
Have you tried reaching out to the manufacturer? I usually swap bottled products to my own bottles and label them.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

damonb10
10-21-2020, 10:30 PM
Strange. I've used both of those products and haven't experienced any leaking when using the sprayers

Loach
10-21-2020, 10:32 PM
Yes the sprayer on my 303 Touchless Sealant was dumping more on my hand than on the paint on first use, so I swapped it out immediately with an extra. Not sure how much we can fault 303 for the sprayer in this case, this one that they're using in particular is a very common style of sprayer used throughout this industry and many others.

Klasse Act
10-21-2020, 11:05 PM
My last bottle of 303 Touchless Sealant also leaked. I emailed my contact and told them about it but didn't hear back, think I need to send another email. That said, I encourage all of you experiencing this issue to reach out to them as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Kazper
10-22-2020, 04:38 AM
Have you tried reaching out to the manufacturer? I usually swap bottled products to my own bottles and label them.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Good idea! I just did. Will let everyone know if anything comes of it.

Kazper
10-22-2020, 04:40 AM
Sound like it might be a common problem.

I purchased my 2 bottles of 303 from different vendors (one being agn) at different times with both leaking :(

Klasse Act
10-24-2020, 06:51 AM
I got an email back from my contact @ 303 and they said to absolutely reach out to them so they could make the situation right[emoji106]

Jayfro
10-24-2020, 11:00 AM
Thanks Roger, I’ll email them this afternoon. I haven’t looked yet, but is there contact info on their website?

Thanks again for the info.

Jay

Klasse Act
10-24-2020, 11:49 AM
Thanks Roger, I’ll email them this afternoon. I haven’t looked yet, but is there contact info on their website?

Thanks again for the info.

Jay

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnlineI'm sure there's customer service but put it to the attention of DJ Goodson[emoji6]

Jayfro
10-24-2020, 04:45 PM
Is gold eagle.com the correct site to go to?

Thanks
Jay

Klasse Act
10-24-2020, 04:49 PM
Is gold eagle.com the correct site to go to?

Thanks
Jay

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnlineYes it is and once there you'll see ALL the products they offer! Check out the free shipping over $50 deal. If you've got any questions about specific products let me know, I've used/have manybof them[emoji3526]

Rsurfer
10-24-2020, 05:07 PM
Yes the sprayer on my 303 Touchless Sealant was dumping more on my hand than on the paint on first use, so I swapped it out immediately with an extra. Not sure how much we can fault 303 for the sprayer in this case, this one that they're using in particular is a very common style of sprayer used throughout this industry and many others.

We certainly cannot fault the consumer. I don't say this in a disrespectful way, but ultimately 303 choose to use these triggers.

Loach
10-24-2020, 08:08 PM
We certainly cannot fault the consumer. I don't say this in a disrespectful way, but ultimately 303 choose to use these triggers.

You're absolutely right on that one. Usually this sprayer has been pretty good and leak free on most of the other products I've used it with, but if many are having trouble with it on a particular product like 303 Touchless Sealant, I'm wondering if they received just a bulk shipment of defective sprayers from a particular batch from their sprayer/bottle supplier. Could also be something in the chemical clumping/clogging up when spraying.

I've been trying to keep an eye on sprayer tops in general to see which ones I like the best and are the most consistent, and I keep coming back to the OPUS plastic sprayer tops, the red/white ones you find on the Griot's Garage 22oz bottles. Just love the spray pattern and I've only had one fail on me over the years that I can remember.