PDA

View Full Version : Need a new Quick detailer ( I think )

Pages : [1] 2

luckydawg
10-12-2020, 07:23 PM
I have been using Kenotek SRS for several years now- and have found it to be just what I need. Only problem is I cant find it for sale anywhere and need a replacement product. Any former SRS users found anything close?

Cost is not an issue for me for the most part- so what have you folks found that you like ( please dont even mention products like beadmaker )
Thanks fellas!!

98CayenneTA
10-12-2020, 07:30 PM
Carpro Ech2o mixed with Kamikaze Overcoat is pretty wicked.

luckydawg
10-12-2020, 07:34 PM
Carpro Ech2o mixed with Kamikaze Overcoat is pretty wicked.
I take it that this is what you use?

Buster906
10-12-2020, 07:36 PM
Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine is a true breakthrough in car care. It’s a multi-purpose product that serves as a rinseless wash, a quick detailer, and a clay lubricant, depending on how much water you add. You don’t have to be a chemist to formulate your own excellent car care products; just follow the directions on the bottle! Plus, this product does not require rinsing. You can conserve water and still get your vehicle beautifully clean.
This is from Autogeek

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

98CayenneTA
10-12-2020, 07:37 PM
I take it that this is what you use?

Correct, Kamikaze Overcoat by itself is also very nice.
Expensive, but imo the Kamikaze products are worth the price tag.

luckydawg
10-12-2020, 07:40 PM
Correct, Kamikaze Overcoat by itself is also very nice.
Expensive, but imo the Kamikaze products are worth the price tag.

OK
The carpro product is a concentrate that needs to be diluted- so how much of the finished carpro solution do you mix with the overcoat?

98CayenneTA
10-12-2020, 07:51 PM
OK
The carpro product is a concentrate that needs to be diluted- so how much of the finished carpro solution do you mix with the overcoat?

Ech2o 1:15
Kamikaze Overcoat 1:15

So if I make 15 oz. I will just do 1oz of both then fill with water. You obviously can add more Overcoat if you would like. Overcoat was not made to be diluted but I do and love the look it gives when a bit is mixed in with Ech2o.

luckydawg
10-12-2020, 07:55 PM
Thanks 98

98CayenneTA
10-12-2020, 07:55 PM
Even when you use Overcoat by itself, a little bit goes a LONG ways. Like, mist it on a microfiber then wipe, don't spray it directly on panel

SNP209
10-12-2020, 09:31 PM
If you aren't looking to mix up your own stuff, meguiar's hybrid ceramic detailer is very good and readily available.

Coatingsarecrack
10-13-2020, 01:51 AM
Meguiars hybrid ceramic detailer is nice. I also like mixing Ech20 with a sio2 spray. I feel my Overcoat and PA products are to expensive to mix. I use Shine supply clutch or Griots 3-1.

Straight out the bottle i like Griots Speed Shine is a great cleaning QD and their BOSS detailer is Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desertnate
10-13-2020, 07:30 AM
I'll cast another vote for Ech2O, but I don't play mad chemist and mix it with anything. I simply dilute it 1:20 as recommended by Carpro and use it everywhere. Really like the stuff.

I too was a Kenotek user and still have a partial bottle on hand in the garage. I switched over to Ech2O when I started using coatings, but liked the Kenotek so much I couldn't part with it. Sounds like I'll need to use it sparingly to make what is left last as long as possible.

Larry A
10-13-2020, 03:13 PM
eagle one wipe and shine, a detail spray on steroids.

DMiglio
10-13-2020, 03:18 PM
I seem to recall when reading about Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer, people have mentioned the Kenotek SRS as being quite similar. I haven’t used it myself but might be worth a look, it’s a very good spray detailer/sealant.

I love the scent of Ech2o and highly recommend it as a spray detailer, drying aid and even for interior vinyls and plastics. The aqua marine scent is so slight and subtle but leaves an unmistakably fresh smell.

Cleankat
10-13-2020, 07:51 PM
eagle one wipe and shine, a detail spray on steroids.It really doesn't get enough love. Hard to find though, I used it almost exclusively in the 90s

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk