PDA

View Full Version : Jeep Wrangler Sahara and New Rupes UNO Protect

Pages : [1] 2

TMQ
10-09-2020, 07:11 PM
Knocked this out couple weeks ago....Before doing the Shelby.

This Rupes UNO Protect is kick arse stuff! slick, slick with great gloss and sheen!

Got a feeling this will pass Blackfire One Step with ease.

This jeep has hard hard paint and it was able to cut and burnished the paint perfectly.

In Love again! Lol...

Pics-

Tom

98CayenneTA
10-09-2020, 07:43 PM
Looks good !

I have done one of those and really disliked it a lot !
Can't really get into a flow with everything going on and a handle or hinge every 4 inches :mad:

PaulMys
10-09-2020, 08:12 PM
Looks good !

I have done one of those and really disliked it a lot !
Can't really get into a flow with everything going on and a handle or hinge every 4 inches :mad:

Exactly. My wife has a Wrangler.

I need to get extra motivated, (and that may or may not include a 6-pack) to even think about starting her Spring correction. Lol

The Jeep was the main reason (and convenient excuse) that I purchased my GG6 and converted my PC into a 3". ;)

Sizzle Chest
10-09-2020, 08:30 PM
Nicely done, and good to hear about UNO!

TMQ
10-09-2020, 08:32 PM
Agree....With what said about doing a Jeep. They are a royal pain to do!

It helps when owner willing shell out good $$$$. Then it is so bad after all!

Tom

TMQ
10-09-2020, 08:37 PM
Bruno Classic Muscle installed a turbo charger in the jeep a couple of years ago.

You can see the aluminum radiator in picture # 5 that cools the turbo. Recalled was bit of a pain to get it to fit.
But the Bruno crew was able to get it all together nicely.

Tom

JDGolden
10-11-2020, 08:36 AM
I’ve seen this Jeep somewhere before. Nice work.

I see some of you may know why my daily driver, a Jeep Rubicon, gets waxed twice per year. It’s a pain to do. So many crevices, hinges etc that trap water. Even using compressed air you will get a random stray drip trail after each wash. But they’re a lot of fun to play in the dirt with.

2wookies
10-11-2020, 09:26 AM
Looks good! What pad combo you go with?

TMQ
10-11-2020, 11:07 AM
CBeast with McKee's redline polishing pad (the orange pad).

Tom

dgage
10-11-2020, 11:12 AM
CBeast with McKee's redline polishing pad (the orange pad).

Tom

Are you liking the McKee’s pads better than the B&S Uro-Tec pads Mike recommends for the CBeast?

TMQ
10-11-2020, 12:37 PM
Never tried the Uro-tec's...

So dunno if they're better or not.

Not sure if this is correct but recalled that the Lake Country Force Hybrid foam pads were the ones Mike uses on all the Flex polishers. Not sure tho...

I have the 6.5 Force Hybrids for the Beast and the C finisher.

I also have all the Rupes pads in 6" size.

I believe that the McKee's redlines are made by Lake Country for the McKee company. And those orange pads feels stiff about the same as Rupes yellow pads. The difference is that the McKee's pads stay stiff when in use while the Rupes yellow pads tend to get soft after it gets warm...

Tom

dgage
10-12-2020, 06:05 PM
Good to know about the McKee’s Redlines. Thanks. Here’s the post where Mike recommended the Uro-Techs on the Cbeast. And another where he and Dr. Oldz discuss them.

Which Flex Polisher (Beast or C-Beast) ??? (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-mike-phillips-your-detailing-questions-/126878-flex-polisher-beast-c-beast-post1680991.html#post1680991)

CBeast on its way!!! Pad ?’s (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/flex-polishers/125981-cbeast-its-way-pad-s.html)

TMQ
10-12-2020, 06:11 PM
Thanks dgage...

I admit---I'm getting info overload and cant remember what or where!

Thanks for posting that.

Tom

dgage
10-12-2020, 06:15 PM
Haha. No kidding. I had to go to Google and use site:autogeekonline.net to find what I was looking for as a forum search didn’t turn it up.

briarpatch
10-12-2020, 07:24 PM
Thanks for posting. Rupes Uno is the next AIO I plan on trying....was gonna buy some today, then forgot and the 25% sale was over.....it will have to wait until the next one