PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a spray and wipe that works well on ceramic coated dark colored cars

Pages : [1] 2

Hindsight
10-09-2020, 12:28 PM
Hi all. I have a black ceramic coated car and it loves collecting dust and pollen. A week just sitting in the garage gives it a nice dusty top coat. I'm looking for a spray and wipe waterless washing solution that works well on ceramic coated cars to remove dust like this, without having to resort to a full water wash.

All I have tried so far is Chemical Guys Speed Wipe, but it leaves a filmy haze and streaks on the car no matter how much rubbing I do to try to remove it. I am assuming this is due to the ceramic coating because I tried the same Speed Wipe on another black car of mine that isn't ceramic coated and it worked just fine without hazing.

Thanks in advance.

Klasse Act
10-09-2020, 12:34 PM
Two choices...Griot's Garage Brillant Shine rinseless wash or Mckee's N914, period. They leave nothing behind and flat out clean! I will say I've only used Mckee's N914 as a waterless and the Griot's Garage Brillant Shine rinseless wash as a RW. You cant go wrong with either product but may I suggest pre-spraying each panel first to ensure the safest wash possible...ofcoarse[emoji362][emoji106][emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dr Oldz
10-09-2020, 01:07 PM
I’m still a fan of Ultima Waterless Wash Plus concentrate.

Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate, concentrated waterless auto wash, waterless car wash (https://www.autogeek.net/ultima-waterless-wash-concentrate.html)

Rsurfer
10-09-2020, 01:16 PM
If you don't want to leave behind a polymer film over a ceramic coating..I would go with Echo2 which is SiO2. based. Because your ride is black I would increase the mixture from 1-20 to 1-30 or even more to prevent streaking.

Hindsight
10-09-2020, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll buy a few products mentioned and see which one works best for me.

Klasse Act
10-09-2020, 04:02 PM
If you don't want to leave behind a polymer film over a ceramic coating..I would go with Echo2 which is SiO2. based. Because your ride is black I would increase the mixture from 1-20 to 1-30 or even more to prevent streaking.Another fine choice! I didn't mention it because some people with coated cars just want clean and NOTHING added[emoji56]

Coatingsarecrack
10-10-2020, 03:55 AM
I used griots speed shine with no ill effects on my black coated car. Mckee’s N-914 for rinseless.

I like Ech20 at 2oz and an 1 oz of any sio2 topper in a 32oz bottle. Cleans well and leaves a nice gloss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Markymapo
10-10-2020, 07:34 AM
I Echo the Echo2,but as mentioned make sure you dilute it out about1:20 or 30 or will see streaking on dark cars ( which depends on what ceramic coating is the base, some ceramics after cleaning tend to streak a bit more)

Klasse Act
10-10-2020, 08:11 AM
I Echo the Echo2,but as mentioned make sure you dilute it out about1:20 or 30 or will see streaking on dark cars ( which depends on what ceramic coating is the base, some ceramics after cleaning tend to streak a bit more)I see what you did there Mark [emoji1] Its very true about Echo, needs to be dilted a bit more than you think because it's so concentrated [emoji779]

If it's not diluted enough you have to buff it but think of it at that point as spray wax which isn't a bad thing. FWIW I have Echo diluted with distilled water at 7:1 for a WW and it's too thick and needs buffing afterwards. Next time around I'm going 10:1. Now for RW duty I do 1 oz per 2 gallons and it works great way, there's really product like it if we're honest[emoji41][emoji106][emoji779]

Rsurfer
10-10-2020, 12:38 PM
I see what you did there Mark [emoji1] Its very true about Echo, needs to be dilted a bit more than you think because it's so concentrated [emoji779]

If it's not diluted enough you have to buff it but think of it at that point as spray wax which isn't a bad thing. FWIW I have Echo diluted with distilled water at 7:1 for a WW and it's too thick and needs buffing afterwards. Next time around I'm going 10:1. Now for RW duty I do 1 oz per 2 gallons and it works great way, there's really product like it if we're honest[emoji41][emoji106][emoji779]

IIRC the recommended ratio is 1:15 so at 1:10 your on the heavy side. On light colors it won't matter much.

Coatingsarecrack
10-10-2020, 12:58 PM
As a waterless carpros recommends 10-1 or 15-1 QD up to 25-1.

At 10-1 its still streaky on black. For me 15-1 to 20-1 is sweet spot.

I dont get too exact but i try for around 1.75 oz if i were to be exact.

Play around with it. Everyones enviroment (humidity, temperature) and LSP.

What ratio works for me in WA may not work for for KlasseAct (IL?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klasse Act
10-10-2020, 01:42 PM
I don't use Echo as a WW too much as I have ALOT of Mckee's N914 in stock and I prefer it as my go 2 WW.

Hindsight
10-11-2020, 03:52 PM
Thanks again guys. After cleaning is finished, are there any products that will give a black ceramic coated car extra shine and depth?

What do you like using on ceramic coated wheels? I've done some forum searching and most seem to say they just use the same thing on the wheels that they use on paint (a PH neutral cleaner with water) but that doesn't seem to get all the brake dust on my car.

Rsurfer
10-11-2020, 04:29 PM
Thanks again guys. After cleaning is finished, are there any products that will give a black ceramic coated car extra shine and depth?

What do you like using on ceramic coated wheels? I've done some forum searching and most seem to say they just use the same thing on the wheels that they use on paint (a PH neutral cleaner with water) but that doesn't seem to get all the brake dust on my car.
I would use Car Pro's Dlux on the wheels as I feel any coating that is used on paint is just too thin to take the beating that a wheel takes.

The Guz
10-11-2020, 04:45 PM

What coating is on the car and wheels? Anyway yes treat the wheels the same as paint for the most part. Every now and then chemically decon them. Wheels will more often then not need some sort of agitation to remove the dirt and grime. Wheel cleaners are not needed most of the time.

I would use Car Pro's Dlux on the wheels as I feel any coating that is used on paint is just too thin to take the beating that a wheel takes.

Have you tried CQUK 3.0 on wheels at all? It works great as a wheel coating.