PDA

View Full Version : Pre mixed 50:1 2-cycle fuel.

PA DETAILER
10-04-2020, 04:37 AM
Have a newer homelite gas string trimmer. Been hard to start the last few uses. Figure i would try a can of the pre mixed fuel that was on sale at Lowes. My understanding that the ethanol in pump gas is murder in 2-cycle engines. Now you can off set this with special oil added to the gas. But wanted to see the difference, if any, of using pre mixed. I don't have a lot of trimming. Maybe 10-15 min. worth. Filled the tank with the pre mixed. WOW!! It was like a different animal. Started with ease and ran better than new. Absolutely something to be said for pre mixed.

5 Reasons To Use Pre-Mixed Fuel With 2-Stroke Engines - Weingartz (https://weingartz.com/expert-advice/2014/11/5-reasons-to-use-pre-mixed-fuel/)

luvmyrv
10-04-2020, 07:25 AM
I agree.....it's expensive relative to ethanol free fuel at the pump, but for the amount you burn in a season in many of these small engines, it's worth it.

MIsnowman
10-04-2020, 07:44 AM
I use non-ethanol fuel in everything except my cars/trucks. There is one station in my area that has it and it’s also available at a couple marinas. I know that’s not the case everywhere though, so the pre-mixed cans are probably the next best option for low usage 2-cycle engines.