PDA

View Full Version : My new Autogeek G9!

Pages : [1] 2

ERS
10-02-2020, 09:50 PM
Last week I posted asking about polishing and clay bar. Having a black car I was really skeptic. Today was an absolute beauty of a day, so I took the plunge. I apologize if I mention a product not supported by AG.

I first washed, 2 bucket style. Then I used a Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Synthetic clay. I was extra careful with plenty of spray. Very minimal marring. Then I used a AIO polish/wax and followed up with a ceramic spray. Very pleased.

Now, I only had minimal swirls and the paint was, in my opinion, excellent before I started. But, now, it looks great and smooth as silk. The Autogeek G9 worked great and even though I used a mild polish it wasn't as intimidating as I thought. As many have said, beginners love this machine. Thanks AG for all the videos and posts on correction. This old guy didn't do too bad.

ERS

That last pics are of my new garage. The walls and ceiling are OSB. My wife and I worked all weekend on painting. She painted while I taped & taped & taped. But we are very pleased.

Dr Oldz
10-02-2020, 09:58 PM
This is truly a great story!!

Car looks AMAZING in the pics.
Thank you for sharing!!

PaulMys
10-02-2020, 10:07 PM
Damn, that is SWEET!

Awesome 'Stang, and garage! :)

spazzz
10-02-2020, 10:08 PM
Are you saying the block wall is OSB that you taped and painted to fashion block walls?

ERS
10-02-2020, 10:43 PM
Are you saying the block wall is OSB that you taped and painted to fashion block walls?

The walls are OSB that we taped to look like block and brick. Turned out unbelievable. Everyone thinks it's actual block/ brick

PaulMys
10-02-2020, 10:47 PM
The walls are OSB that we taped to look like block and brick. Turned out unbelievable. Everyone thinks it's actual block/ brick

Incredible. Nice work!!

tmdals0213
10-03-2020, 06:11 AM
Wow it looks really good! [emoji1376][emoji1376][emoji1376]

spazzz
10-03-2020, 11:43 PM
That is the best looking chip board, un-freaking believable.
What tape did you use?
So paint the wall first with mortar line color then roll the red color.

You guys are crazy, but dam it looks good.

Sizzle Chest
10-04-2020, 09:45 AM
Great work with your new machine and for being a beginner/first timer! Mustang looks awesome! And wow...that was a lot of tape! Walls came out very nice!!

ERS
10-04-2020, 09:25 PM
That is the best looking chip board, un-freaking believable.
What tape did you use?
So paint the wall first with mortar line color then roll the red color.

You guys are crazy, but dam it looks good.

No! We did not paint the walls first. Too much work with multiple coats to cover writing. Anyway, I wasn't looking for a "kitchen" look. Just taped off blocks and bricks and one coat of brick red using brush and roller. 10 rolls of 3/4 inch masking tape from Walmart.

My objective was a vintage brick look. The osb writing and lines can still be seen faintly, but the "brick" takes focus off of that. Looks fantastic. Experiment first.

Once the weather gets colder, my goal is to do a vintage ghost wall advertisement on one panel. Sort of like the old type Dr Pepper, tobaco ect adds that were on brick downtown buildings of years ago.

We did our sidewalk today.

spazzz
10-05-2020, 07:11 PM
Now I see it.
I didn't notice the sand mortar lines were still OSB, I thought it was paint.

dcjredline
10-05-2020, 07:46 PM
Car and wall look GREAT. What is an Autogeek G9?

ERS
10-05-2020, 09:24 PM
Car and wall look GREAT. What is an Autogeek G9?

That is the G9 Random Orbital Polisher by Griot's that I purchased from Autogeek.

dcjredline
10-06-2020, 07:34 PM
That is the G9 Random Orbital Polisher by Griot's that I purchased from Autogeek.

Ohhh, OK A GRIOTs G9. It isnt any different just cause it came from AG is it? Why did you call it an Autogeek G9? Thats what confused me. Sorry

PaulMys
10-06-2020, 07:39 PM
Ohhh, OK A GRIOTs G9. It isnt any different just cause it came from AG is it? Why did you call it an Autogeek G9? Thats what confused me. Sorry

Because it probably smells like Yancy's aftershave and BF One Step........... :laughing::laughing: