PDA

View Full Version : 303 Graphene

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

gorillapr
10-01-2020, 08:32 PM
Im sorry if I shouldnt post this and please delete the thread if need to (no offense).

I am posting it here cause AG carries 303 brand so Im expecting in the near future it will be available here...

But Im really curious about what you guys think about it, they say is Graphene Oxide with no SiO2 content on it and claims up to 1 yr durability with no cure time needed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Dr Oldz
10-01-2020, 08:34 PM
Never heard of it. I will say 303 makes some quality products and I’m sure if it’s worthy, AG will carry it.

The Guz
10-01-2020, 08:55 PM
I tend to post more on my Autopia thread about graphene. Feel free to check it out.

Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?
Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings? (https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?share_fid=191540&share_tid=191707&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eautopia%2Eorg%2Fforums%2Fs howthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D191707&share_type=t&link_source=app)

You want an eye opener on graphene listen to Jim from Dr. Beasley’s on this. I’m going to say it based on me playing around with graphene but it is hype.

Graphene Coatings VS Ceramic Coatings - YouTube (https://youtu.be/sbfr35YkDzk)

One on 303. Expect all the big namers in YouTube to push all these graphene products.

303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating vs Ceramic Coatings - YouTube (https://youtu.be/R0pcaL7SGbs)

gorillapr
10-01-2020, 10:05 PM
I saw also the YT video also from Larry Korsilla where he presented evidence and said it is a hype also.

I losted this not because I believe that Graphene now is 9th wonder but 16oz for $20, 1 yr durability, no cure time, can be used in hot panel direct sunlight, "good" hydrophobics and decrease risk of water spots sounds TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

gorillapr
10-01-2020, 10:07 PM
I will read in detail all those links. Thank you for post them

dennis b
10-02-2020, 01:33 PM
LOL, the label states it reduces surface temperature. It should have said it reduces surface tension.

It's a typo and it was too close to launch to get corrected labels from China. That's enough right there for me not wanting to be an early adopter.

I'll wait and see how this shakes out. I was first on the bandwagon for Mothers CMX in early 1019 and that was a fail. Three week longevity and crystals in the bottle soured me jumping to the front of the line to try these latest greatest products. I'll stay with my forty year old Acrylic polymer technology (Ultima Acrylic spray wax, Sonus glanz etc.) till a product in spray form notably better comes along.

Dr Oldz
10-02-2020, 01:41 PM
LOL, the label states it reduces surface temperature. It should have said it reduces surface tension.

It's a typo and it was to close to launch to get corrected labels from China. That's enough right there for me not wanting to be an early adopter.

I'll wait and see how this shakes out. I was first on the bandwagon for Mothers CMX in early 1019 and that was a fail. Three week longevity and crystals in the bottle soured me jumping to the front of the line to try these latest greatest products. I'll stay with my forty year old Acrylic polymer technology (Ultima Acrylic spray wax) till a product in spray form notably better comes along.

The irony here kills me:

I get that the typo keeps you from wanting to be an early adopter .....especially since you have been on the CMX bandwagon the last 1001 years!!! (Since 1019)

BudgetPlan1
10-02-2020, 01:43 PM

It's a typo and it was too close to launch to get corrected labels from China. That's enough right there for me not wanting to be an early adopter.

I'll wait and see how this shakes out. I was first on the bandwagon for Mothers CMX in early 1019 and that was a fail. Three week longevity and crystals in the bottle soured me jumping to the front of the line to try these latest greatest products. I'll stay with my forty year old Acrylic polymer technology (Ultima Acrylic spray wax, Sonus glanz etc.) till a product in spray form notably better comes along.

One of the promised (i.e. 'hoped for') benefits of graphene is it's ability to insulate/reduce the temperature of the panel with the end goal of reducing water spots. Many find this to not be the case at this point.

dennis b
10-02-2020, 01:55 PM
I'm wondering how reduced surface temp helps with water spotting. Water droplets containing minerals or other atmospheric debris are still going to leave spots whether they evaporate slower with reduced surface temp or faster with higher surface temps. The amount of debris deposited on the paint doesn't lessen or increase with surface temp. The droplet contains X amount of contamination and that's what gets deposited.

I didn't know that was a Graphine selling point. It's so far fetched it looks like a typo to me.:laughing:

dennis b
10-02-2020, 02:08 PM
The irony here kills me:

I get that the typo keeps you from wanting to be an early adopter .....especially since you have been on the CMX bandwagon the last 1001 years!!! (Since 1019)

Huh, 1001 years? How many new products have have been introduced since early 2019, Can you even count them all? Just Meguiares alone has introduced at least five and that's just one company. Wolgang grew by three or four. DP came out of nowhere with at least four or five Si02 coatings. If I tried everything new that came out in the last two years I'd be two thousand dollars poorer and for the most part disappointed with the results. IMO in just two years, twenty years worth of products have been released. All these new product are nothing more that a money grab.

It's not the typo it's the B.S.hype. Guaranteed 303 doesn't last a month even under idea conditions.

Look at Chicago Auto Pro's video. 3 of the 4 failed on the first wash and the 303 wasn't far behind. That's real world results with all these new products.

At least I haven't fallen for the BS since early 2019.

303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating vs Ceramic Coatings - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0pcaL7SGbs&feature=youtu.be)

Mike Phillips
10-02-2020, 02:19 PM
***Subscribed***

Interesting to read all the comments so far.

Please share links to all the substantial reviews in this thread, especially from the "influencers".

I know for myself, I'd like to see what everyone else is saying.

:xyxthumbs:

BudgetPlan1
10-02-2020, 03:32 PM
I'm wondering how reduced surface temp helps with water spotting. Water droplets containing minerals or other atmospheric debris are still going to leave spots whether they evaporate slower with reduced surface temp or faster with higher surface temps. The amount of debris deposited on the paint doesn't lessen or increase with surface temp. The droplet contains X amount of contamination and that's what gets deposited.

I didn't know that was a Graphine selling point. It's so far fetched it looks like a typo to me.:laughing:I don't pretend to understand the science; here's a bit from one of the minds behind a Graphene coating released last year:

"A little bit from Alfred Yow, the mind behind the Art d’ Shine/SPS coatings. Kinda clarifies the role of the Reduced Graphene Oxide component in the coatings. From a Facebook post regarding graphene coatings. Seems like a bit of a ‘helper’ to the PDMS portion of the formulation:"

" To add on some answers to the article on Graphene,
The polymer used in Artdeshine’s product, PDMS has very low thermal conductivity, absorbing less heat when exposed. And if heat has been absorbed, the better dissipation and thermal conductivity ability of reduced Graphene Oxide (rGO) will help to negate. What we do not want is all that heat absorbed to be trapped. To say it simply, this is a case of using rGO to reduce the insulation (keeping heat) properties of PDMS.

Artdeshine has never touted using flames in any of our tests or marketing materials. This serves no purpose to demonstrate any capability of our coatings. We are not making fire-proof/retardant materials. And again, we are not touting thermal insulation as a beneficial property, we are trying to negate insulation.

Water repellent capabilities do not come from the use of rGO and can be seen in our marketing materials and information. A very high polymer (PDMS) content is used to achieve the better water-repellent effects. The polymer has been functionalized to provide much better water repellent capabilities."

vaca22
10-02-2020, 03:34 PM
Huh, 1001 years? How many new products have have been introduced since early 2019, Can you even count them all? Just Meguiares alone has introduced at least five and that's just one company. Wolgang grew by three or four. DP came out of nowhere with at least four or five Si02 coatings. If I tried everything new that came out in the last two years I'd be two thousand dollars poorer and for the most part disappointed with the results. IMO in just two years, twenty years worth of products have been released. All these new product are nothing more that a money grab.

It's not the typo it's the B.S.hype. Guaranteed 303 doesn't last a month even under idea conditions.

Look at Chicago Auto Pro's video. 3 of the 4 failed on the first wash and the 303 wasn't far behind. That's real world results with all these new products.

At least I haven't fallen for the BS since early 2019.

303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating vs Ceramic Coatings - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0pcaL7SGbs&feature=youtu.be)

That was a really good video, as was their hour-long one with the chemist/founder of Dr. Beasley's.

I'm definitely no expert when it comes to this stuff, but I saw it as a nice way to add a sacrificial layer over an existing coating. Would something like this compete with Elixir? I know this 303 product is a coating and not a quick detailer, but....

dennis b
10-02-2020, 03:56 PM
That was a really good video, as was their hour-long one with the chemist/founder of Dr. Beasley's.

I'm definitely no expert when it comes to this stuff, but I saw it as a nice way to add a sacrificial layer over an existing coating. Would something like this compete with Elixir? I know this 303 product is a coating and not a quick detailer, but....

Well one of the components in Elixir is Reload. In the video Reload failed on the first wash. I've never used Elixir but I imagine it would offer protection if you apply weekly, every time you wash. 303 is probably a little better durability wise than Elixir. 303 made it through the first wash. It took an application of APC to kill it.

The big problem will Elixir is that it's expensive. Your wallet will take a hit if you use it weekly.

Here's my recipe for a sacrificial coat that I apply weekly as a drying aid. I mix a quart at a time in a Meguiars spray bottle. It has good lubricity, doesn't streak and leaves good protection (nice tight perky beads) even when driving multiple times through the rain. Costs about $2.50 a quart to make.

30 oz. distilled water
1.5 oz. Ultima Acrylic waterless wash
2 oz. Ultima Acrylic spray wax

DUBL0WS6
10-02-2020, 05:14 PM
I doubt there is enough graphene added to reduce surface temps by more than a couple degrees. That sounds like hype.