PDA

View Full Version : Really Need Help Urgently

Jbirk
10-01-2020, 03:00 AM
Okay, so it is practically 4 am, and I can never sleep anymore unless there is some mechanical noise or perhaps it gets to be 7am, and then I am dragging myself to work remotely.

Ironically, I had a friend over a few weeks ago to let him polish his truck, and I fell asleep in my chair. He brought another vehicle... same thing.

Turns out the noise of a DA knocks me out cold if I am not actively doing something else or running the machine.

Wherefore, I respectfully ask any of you to post a LONG video of a car detail. I don't care if it is six hours of glass polishing ... that would be PERFECT.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

acuRAS82
10-01-2020, 03:06 AM
Maybe a looped 5 minute video is better unless you want to hear me curse every 20 mins and explain to my wife every hour why it takes so long.

Big Dave
10-01-2020, 03:38 AM
Sorry, can't help with the DA lullaby, but I was talking to someone today who uses a white noise generating ap in their phone to help them get to sleep, and they were saying when they turn it on, their German Shepherd goes and gets on his bed, and goes to sleep as well. Maybe try something like that.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Billy Baldone
10-01-2020, 07:54 AM
Im sure you can find one of Matt's videos on the Obsessed Garage channel. I have just watched him wash a car for over an hour once. Then for excitement, I watch a little golf.

Mike Phillips
10-01-2020, 09:53 AM
Wherefore, I respectfully ask any of you to post a LONG video of a car detail.

I don't care if it is six hours of glass polishing ... that would be PERFECT.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Search eBay for the DVD Richard Lin and I made back in 2006 - 2 hours and 30 minutes L-O-N-G!

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/715/How_To_Use_The_PC_For_Show_Car_Results_DVD_Video_M ike_Phillips.JPG

It was the first video that showed how to do paint correction from start to finish - no mock-up as in ZERO mock-up. It is today STILL the only video/dvd ever made that shows how to buff out a car from start to finish.

There's no,

Now watch me buff out the hood and then use your imagination on how to do the rest of the car.

:buffing:

oneheadlite
10-01-2020, 10:55 AM
Maybe a looped 5 minute video is better unless you want to hear me curse every 20 mins and explain to my wife every hour why it takes so long.

Im sure you can find one of Matt's videos on the Obsessed Garage channel. I have just watched him wash a car for over an hour once. Then for excitement, I watch a little golf.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for that guys. :D

Bruno Soares
10-01-2020, 12:07 PM
Get a white noise machine.

bfielder32087
10-01-2020, 03:31 PM
White noise machine is a must for me. I can't sleep without one.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

ducksfan
10-01-2020, 03:39 PM
I bought a pair of high quality speakers just to go to sleep to nature sounds on Spotify. The ones with some birds (but, not too many) really work for me.

Bruno Soares
10-01-2020, 04:11 PM
White noise machine is a must for me. I can't sleep without one.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Funny how people differ for that stuff. White noise machines drive me nuts, whenever I’m around one I hate it. I actually hate any noise that wasn’t supposed to be there. My wife says I have issues and need a shrink.

PaulMys
10-01-2020, 05:01 PM
Funny how people differ for that stuff. White noise machines drive me nuts, whenever I’m around one I hate it. I actually hate any noise that wasn’t supposed to be there. My wife says I have issues and need a shrink.

I'm with you, Bruno.

I need total silence. I have actually been using foam ear plugs for the past few weeks. (F'n crickets parked right under my A/C unit!):bash:

57Rambler
10-01-2020, 06:32 PM
I need total silence. I have actually been using foam ear plugs for the past few weeks. (F'n crickets parked right under my A/C unit!):bash:

You can get sleep/sound machines which have a mode that is a recording of crickets chirping ... Homedics calls it "Summer Nights" on their units. :D

To the OP : We sleep with a HEPA air cleaner running. Drowns out noise and cleans the air, double win.

bfielder32087
10-01-2020, 08:52 PM
Funny how people differ for that stuff. White noise machines drive me nuts, whenever I’m around one I hate it. I actually hate any noise that wasn’t supposed to be there. My wife says I have issues and need a shrink.Yeah man I just cannot fall asleep if it's quiet so any kind of noise for the most part works.