PDA

View Full Version : Products like Gyeon can coat

Dynoguy
09-27-2020, 04:04 PM
What products are like Gyeon Can Coat ?

The Guz
09-27-2020, 04:07 PM
From a coating lite perspective Cquartz Lite and Gyeon One. Different application as these are applied in the more traditional coating application.

gorillapr
09-27-2020, 04:46 PM
I believe Wolfgang Ceramic Spray Coating is not like can coat or CQL but it is a step above a SiO2 Spray

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Coatingsarecrack
09-28-2020, 12:27 AM
I believe Wolfgang Ceramic Spray Coating is not like can coat or CQL but it is a step above a SiO2 Spray

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Tac systems moonlight and Fenylab ceramic lite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desertnate
09-28-2020, 07:28 AM
With the infusion of SiO2 in all sorts of products, the widspread use of the term "coating", and even product application methods blurring the boundaries, I think we're to a point where we simply need to develop an LSP durability spectrum and totally throw the names out the window. I'd put beauty waxes at the short end of the spectrum and coatings like CQuartz UK, Gyeon One, and Gtechnik CSL at the far end in the 3-ish range.

CanCoat is one of the products I'd safely call a coating and if we put it on the spectrum I mention above I'd put it towards the high end of durability. I think the product descriptions all state around 6 months of durability, but right now with plenty of care to keep it clean and routine applications of CURE and CarPro Elixr, I'm safely approaching 12 months. I'll be removing it in a couple weeks, but not because it isn't protecting...or appearing to protect any longer.

Craig Encinitas
09-28-2020, 12:32 PM
Does siO2 content percentage directly correlate to product longevity, or is it the bonding agents in the fluid?

Example:

TACsystem Moonlight 25% siO2 is rated up to nine months. While their 60% siO2 entry level “true” coating (in the standard size glass vial) is up to one year.

25% rated 9 months
60% rated 12 months

tmdals0213
09-28-2020, 04:52 PM
Does siO2 content percentage directly correlate to product longevity, or is it the bonding agents in the fluid?

Example:

TACsystem Moonlight 25% siO2 is rated up to nine months. While their 60% siO2 entry level “true” coating (in the standard size glass vial) is up to one year.

25% rated 9 months
60% rated 12 months

Great question, following for more info [emoji1360]

acuRAS82
09-28-2020, 08:12 PM

Example:

25% rated 9 months
60% rated 12 months
Definitely not a direct or linear correlation. I think it has a lot to do with solvents/carriers for bonding agents (thank you WillSports3).

But I think one can assume that true coatings which do last a long time have a large SiO2 percentage, and coating lites which last less time buy still a long time have a lot but less than true coatings. Hence the TAC example, similar to Gyeon and I’m sure CarPro too (not sure what CarPro Lite has though).

So long lasting generally have quite a large percentage; but there’s plenty with high percentage that don’t last as long... like Polish Angel which don’t last too long but have great water behavior.

gorillapr
09-29-2020, 04:33 AM
Definitely not a direct or linear correlation. I think it has a lot to do with solvents/carriers for bonding agents (thank you WillSports3).

But I think one can assume that true coatings which do last a long time have a large SiO2 percentage, and coating lites which last less time buy still a long time have a lot but less than true coatings. Hence the TAC example, similar to Gyeon and I’m sure CarPro too (not sure what CarPro Lite has though).

So long lasting generally have quite a large percentage; but there’s plenty with high percentage that don’t last as long... like Polish Angel which don’t last too long but have great water behavior.Nice explanation

CQL has 45% of combine product of SiO2 and TiO2