PDA

View Full Version : Removing Oily spot from cloth seat?

hessler
09-22-2020, 08:58 PM
The other day I looked over at the passenger seat in my Tundra and saw an oily spot the size of a quarter. I have no idea how it got there so I can't say for sure what caused it but that's what it looks like. I ordered some Blackfire Enzyme Cleaner and applied it 8:1 per the instructions. No dice. After reading the reviews on the product I tried it at full strength. Spot is still there. I've had the truck 3 years and the interior is pristine. Every time I see it I go "grrrrr". (Note to self: next time get leather). Would I maybe have better luck with steam? I'm looking at the Vapamore MR-75 unit. Has anyone had success with steam on an oily spot? Thanks for reading.

Thomkirby
09-23-2020, 12:10 PM
Try doing a search on Google for dealing with oil stains on clothing. Heat is not what you need to use if you want it out (from my readings). Here was a good read on various types of stains, I was looking for the oils from fried foods when I stumbled upon this discussion. Water flooding and blotting are the best but then again they used rubbing alcohol to help and then detergent (my guess is dry) to help absorb the oil.

20 Food Stains—and How to Remove Them | Eat This Not That (https://www.eatthis.com/food-stain-remove/)

hessler
09-23-2020, 08:47 PM
Thank you for the link! From reading the copy it looks like rubbing alcohol followed by dishwashing detergent might do the job. I'll try them first on an inconspicuous spot as I did the Enzyme Cleaner. Maybe my wife can use the Blackfire to pretreat clothing stains.