PDA

View Full Version : Coating Applicators

spewking
09-19-2020, 08:00 AM
I am seeing new coating applicators become available — small foam applicators using microfiber or suede (fine) microfiber for application of coatings. They are about the same size of the small foam covered blocks provided with CQUK and other coatings, and claim the advantage of not having to mess with using/holding the small suede MF applicator cloth over an applicator.

Does anyone have experience with using these MF applicators? Is application effective, eg., smooth transfer, evenness, etc.? Do you like them better than the standard small foam block with the small cloth?

Thanks.

Buster906
09-19-2020, 08:21 AM
I applied a Graphene Ceramic Coating to my truck for the first time. The kit came with a microsuede applicator. The applicator is soft. So soft, I found I was squeezing the applicator, not cradling. The color is light and not easy for me to track which side of the block I was using after setting aside. Note: this is my first time ever applying a coating of a ceramic nature

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The Guz
09-19-2020, 10:58 AM
Look up the autofiber saver applicators. They are great.

spewking
09-19-2020, 11:05 AM
Look up the autofiber saver applicators. They are great.

I saw those...thanks...the regular mf or the suede mf?

DUBL0WS6
09-19-2020, 11:51 AM
I got a couple of the small applicators but didn't like them. I ended up using a larger flexible foam applicator.

The Guz
09-19-2020, 02:09 PM
I saw those...thanks...the regular mf or the suede mf?

Microfiber

weekend warrior
09-19-2020, 04:20 PM
when I coated my car I used the suede cloths with an applicator worked fine for me...

Coatingsarecrack
09-20-2020, 05:58 AM
Second the MF autofibers. Saves on coating usage as it doesn’t absorb as much as regular MF applicators and easier to use than blocks and suede cloths.

I like the thin rectangular ones better than the square coating applicator looking ones.

Their great to get under door handles, between mirrors and panels, under spoilers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk