PDA

View Full Version : Remove swirls white Clothes Dryer?

Mike Phillips
09-18-2020, 08:03 AM
Remove swirls white Clothes Dryer?

Was asked this questions via e-mail and always prefer to answer on the forum to see if anyone else has experience?

Any idea if I can use polish or compound (and random orbital polisher if needed) to take out swirls and very shallow scratches out of the top of a white clothes dryer?

I can’t seem to find any definitive answers anywhere regarding this online, and I’m not sure if dryers are painted or some sort of porcelain type finish (it’s less than a month old).

Thanks,
Jim

Great question Jim. To be honest - I don't know. My guess is you can but as far as what it will take you'll need to do a,

Test Spot

Later today I'll go out to our cloths dryer and do some testing and see what I find out. I'll post the results and pictures to this thread.

Great question - thanks for asking, hope you don't mind I shared this on the forum.

:)

Billy Baldone
09-18-2020, 08:34 AM
Mike, I remember a few years ago Richy from Canada posted pics of him doing hi refrigerator. Good times!!!

oneheadlite
09-18-2020, 09:15 AM
For Jim: Usually your washer has one side that's always against your dryer (or wall depending on your layout) - You could pull the washer out and do your test spot out of sight to have less stakes involved. (Dull the finish/didn't go as planned? No worries! You only see it if you pull the washer out. :D )

davidc
09-18-2020, 09:37 AM
From what I know those appliances are electroplated. What that means is the paint is very thin and it doesn't take much to burn through.

FUNX650
09-18-2020, 11:16 AM
From what I know those appliances are
electroplated. What that means is the paint
is very thin and it doesn't take much to
burn through.
:iagree:

Electroplated; Powdercoated; Epoxy Appliance
Spray Paint—thin coat no matter the process.

•IMO:
-Instead of trying to buff out the scratch(es), it
might be easier to lightly sand the scratched area;
then re-spray with some white Appliance Spray Paint.

-Rustoleum has the perfect product for such repairs.

Bob

psnt1ol
09-18-2020, 01:00 PM
Not on a dryer .... I was on a stay-ca-tion a few years back and I did my washer for the heck of it.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/65876-what-i-did-my-stay-ca-tion-so-far-mini-review-b-s-mf-cutting-pad.html?highlight=

07GTCSvert
09-18-2020, 01:48 PM
Thanks everyone for the help! I actually figured out another solution that also will protect it from any additional scratches. I found this rubber mat on Amazon. 70941

Mike Phillips
09-18-2020, 03:41 PM
Thanks everyone for the help! I actually figured out another solution that also will protect it from any additional scratches.

I found this rubber mat on Amazon.

Incredible how Amazon has everything everyone in the world needs for all things.

Looks great! And this will preserve the finish.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/DryerPolishing.jpg

I didn't get to the dryer today except to use it to dry microfiber towels - pretty much finished setting up for next week's 3-day detailing class.

I will look at this as a challenge as the top of our dryer is fairly abused. I'll see what I can do with it for future reference.

:buffing: