PDA

View Full Version : Expiration date?

jameskim
09-16-2020, 08:51 PM
Good day,

Is there any expiration date for each product?

Recently I cleaned up basement and found a few new and used bottles.

For example, I bought a Blackfire spray sealant about 3 years ago and forgot about it. I have kept it in basement which has never been used. Is it still usable? It doesn't have any bad chemicals smells nor color changes.

How about my HD Speed compound, which I bought 2 years ago, used half and still left half bottle.

And some of leather cleaning sprays and sealant.

Is it ok to reuse 2~3 years old products?

Thanks

PaulMys
09-16-2020, 08:54 PM
Good day,

Is there any expiration date for each product?

Recently I cleaned up basement and found a few new and used bottles.

For example, I bought a Blackfire spray sealant about 3 years ago and forgot about it. I have kept it in basement which has never been used. Is it still usable? It doesn't have any bad chemicals smells nor color changes.

How about my HD Speed compound, which I bought 2 years ago, used half and still left half bottle.

And some of leather cleaning sprays and sealant.

Is it ok to reuse 2~3 years old products?

Thanks

As long as they didn't freeze, and they still shake up to the original consistency, you should be good to go.

My Bottle of HD Speed lasted 4 years with zero problems.

acuRAS82
09-16-2020, 10:32 PM
Yeah, in line with PaulMys, those sound like they’re fine if they don’t smell funky or look separated.

Eric7810
09-17-2020, 06:41 AM
You’ll be good. I live in Michigan and move all my products to my basement for the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desertnate
09-17-2020, 08:35 AM
I'm actually one of those "bad" folks who doesn't move all my stuff in-doors for the winter. It gets cold and stays cold here for long periods, but my garage only gets cold enough for stuff to freeze solid once or twice a winter.

Even in that harsh environment, I've never really had a product go bad except for one jug of Meguiars Gold Class shampoo. I've got a few bottles of products I've been using for over five years and bottle of the Klasse Twins which are over 10 years old at this point and still good.

DMiglio
09-17-2020, 08:59 AM
Give em a good shake and they should be good to go!

I’ve used quite a few products that have been 4 or 5 years old and didn’t give me any problems.

Speaking of expiration dates, besides CarPro, has anybody seen expiration dates from other companies? Granted I read CarPro HAVE to put them on there and not that it actually indicates the product expiring or going bad.

jameskim
09-18-2020, 06:58 PM
Thanks people.