PDA

View Full Version : What did you think of DF III?

Pages : [1] 2

Meghan
04-01-2008, 08:42 AM
This is one for all of you that were able to make it down this year. We strive to bring you the best experience possible at Detail Fest, so tell me what you liked best. I am making notes for next year too, so tell me what you would like us to add to make it even a better time for you!
Thank you all that were able to make it.... :autowash:
And for those that didn't, make your plans for next year!

Jimmie
04-01-2008, 11:07 AM
It was great Meghan. Just more of the same.
Maybe some more hands-on stuff for the spectators. I had some with Aaron @ Edge and it left a good impression.

ScottB
04-01-2008, 12:21 PM
Everything was over the top .... would have liked to see the Surf City and Menzerna (doubt theyd visit from Germany however) as a setup/vendor too. I think Capt Max ordered a bit to many wings however ... and I heard the deli ladies food was phenominal including the brownies !!

Meghan
04-01-2008, 12:28 PM
More hands on, less chicken wings! I got it!

BigFloppy
04-01-2008, 12:35 PM
Maybe some more hands-on stuff for the spectators.

Couldn't agree more with that statement Jimmie!

Maybe some "workshops" beginners, intermediate, advanced...
The only drawback I could see with that scenario is ... who would be running each of the different workshops AND... what products AG would be "pushing" for the big day as the person running the workshop would have to be fully aufait with the products that were being pushed.

I'm going to nominate Ed (HighEndDetail) to run the workshops

ScottB
04-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Couldn't agree more with that statement Jimmie!

Maybe some "workshops" beginners, intermediate, advanced...
The only drawback I could see with that scenario is ... who would be running each of the different workshops AND... what products AG would be "pushing" for the big day as the person running the workshop would have to be fully aufait with the products that were being pushed.

I'm going to nominate Ed (HighEndDetail) to run the workshops

that was the nicest thing about DFIII, no products were being pushed. You had many choices, and the demo's even answered questions about compatibility with other products. The sales area (8 laptops) were the only area where best products were being tossed around and most were customer to customer with many just asking us where to find it on the website.

ger42
04-01-2008, 04:33 PM
Extra pay workshops. Sign up and pay ahead of time. Meghan you have plenty of time to book each session don't you?

Meghan
04-01-2008, 05:12 PM
Extra pay workshops. Sign up and pay ahead of time. Meghan you have plenty of time to book each session don't you?

I will get right on it!:cheers:

HighEndDetail
04-01-2008, 10:29 PM
including the brownies !!

I didn't get any brownies :rolleyes:

Meghan, I have a few ideas. I will talk to you about.

Meghan
04-02-2008, 06:48 AM
I didn't get any brownies :rolleyes:

Meghan, I have a few ideas. I will talk to you about.

Coming from you, that scares me! ROFLMAO
;)

HighEndDetail
04-02-2008, 07:06 AM
Coming from you, that scares me! ROFLMAO
;)

I have great ideas, you'll love them:D

Totoland Mach
04-02-2008, 12:08 PM
With AG's Meguiar's affiliation, I'd like to see AG have a bus trip to the Barrett-Jackson auction either the night before or the night of the Detail Fest. Maybe a behind-the-scenes type special would be great.

Also, the workshops sound like a great idea.

Toto

Pats300zx
04-02-2008, 12:39 PM
With AG's Meguiar's affiliation, I'd like to see AG have a bus trip to the Barrett-Jackson auction either the night before or the night of the Detail Fest. Maybe a behind-the-scenes type special would be great.

Also, the workshops sound like a great idea.

Toto

Great idea Toto. A bus trip to BJ would be fun...

ryandamartini
04-02-2008, 01:06 PM
I wasn't able to make it this year like I had planned, Had some monetary problems. I will however be down next time with my blue camry and it will be Very Shiny!!

Thanks to AG for putting on this show, I was upset about not being able to join you all this year.

hooked
04-02-2008, 01:15 PM
More hands-on with the Hooters girls? ;)

There were a couple of demos that showed how to buff out a scratch, but next time I'd like to see a beginner workshop where the goal is to take a car that's in bad shape and polish out the scratches. It doesn't even have to be the whole car. Maybe just the hood. Most of the demos were on cars that were in good shape, so you couldn't really see a transformation.

I saw Totoland Mach was detailing his rental Shelby that was in pretty poor shape, but whenever I stopped by, I missed when he was doing something I was interested in seeing.