PDA

View Full Version : Carpro Immolube

Pages : [1] 2

Finick
09-14-2020, 03:42 PM
Scooped up a bottle of this at the shop I got my windows tinted at, maybe a month and a half ago or so.

My question is: is it supposed to smell like cheeks? I mean honestly, it smells awful. I’m not even sure what smell it’s supposed to be because it’s such a putrid odor. I enjoy the way it works, but it is a terrible smelling product lol.

PERL also smells terrible to me, so I didn’t expect it to smell outstanding. But man.. it’s bad.

Anyone that’s used it: what’s your verdict?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips
09-14-2020, 03:49 PM
When it first launched or before it launched it tested it out.

I don't remember there being a problem with the smell ?

:)

dennis b
09-14-2020, 04:14 PM
I just sprayed my Immolube into a towel. Doesn't smell bad. Has a faint smell of isopropyl alcohol and bubblegum. Never smelled Perl. If every Carpro product smelled like Eraser that would be great. Check the born on and expiration date on the sticker on the bottom of the bottle. Maybe it's super old.

Bruno Soares
09-14-2020, 06:56 PM
Maybe they put iron x in that bottle? That’s the only CarPro product I recall that makes you wish you couldn’t smell again.

Perl is fine for me, not pleasant but not bad either. It’s in my tire so I don’t care. I’d never use it inside the car.

Eraser does smell pretty nice.

Finick
09-14-2020, 07:54 PM
The sticker on the bottom is mostly gone, so I can’t read that.

The product works wonderfully, so I’ll just use it up and tolerate the smell. But it’s honestly more offensive to my nose than an iron remover is. I never got any hints of bubblegum from it, just IPA mixed with something putrid.

I do like the smell of eraser a good bit, which smells like foaming hand soap.. I think the purell stuff. Maybe Carpro just makes products that don’t agree with my nostrils.

Either way, diluting this stuff into a pump sprayer and being super liberal with it after a wash greatly outweighs and cheekification that may occur in the air.

The Guz
09-14-2020, 08:47 PM
You must have have bad batches of both. My bottle of Perl barely had a scent. Immolube smells like bubble gum as mentioned but the scent is pretty low.

Finick
09-14-2020, 10:35 PM
You must have have bad batches of both. My bottle of Perl barely had a scent. Immolube smells like bubble gum as mentioned but the scent is pretty low.

I should probably clarify, PERL isn’t probably gross to everyone. It just has a coconut smell which thanks to some less than stellar experiences drinking in the past makes me feel nauseous to this day.

Objectively speaking, PERL does smell like coconut.

I can waft some immolube in the morning to see if I can pick up on the bubblegum scent.

I can’t stay that I noticed it though, and when I was washing my girlfriends car I had her spraying down panels with immolube while I went behind her with my clay mitt. Her nose is much more sophisticated than mine, and she mentioned how terrible the product smelled lol.

Finick
09-16-2020, 07:01 PM
I can waft some immolube in the morning to see if I can pick up on the bubblegum scent.

Just an update: ferociously wafted the immolube. No bubblegum scent detected. Only sadness.

PaulMys
09-16-2020, 07:03 PM
Just an update: ferociously wafted the immolube. No bubblegum scent detected. Only sadness.

Use a plastic bag and huff it, Steve. Man up. :)

ct18
09-17-2020, 12:42 PM
read some reviews and one of the positive was it smelled good. Maybe yours is old. They also said to dilute 15:1, did you dilute.

Bruno Soares
09-17-2020, 12:57 PM
read some reviews and one of the positive was it smelled good. Maybe yours is old. They also said to dilute 15:1, did you dilute.

Immolube is ready to use, not meant to be diluted.

EDIT: Never mind, I was mistaken and the product is not RTU.

The Guz
09-17-2020, 01:22 PM

CarPro recommends to dilute it.

Dilutions:

Claying 1:10 ~ 1:20.
Wet Sanding: 1:15 ~ 1:20

Primary Applications:

Synthetic clay.
Reduces unwanted marring.
Wet sanding.

Directions:

Dilute to suit purpose and tool.
Shake well.
Spray over the sanding disc, or clay bar and over the work area.
Begin sanding or claying, keep surface lubricated.
Wipe off once complete or wash as needed.

Bruno Soares
09-17-2020, 01:30 PM
CarPro recommends to dilute it.

Dilutions:

Claying 1:10 ~ 1:20.
Wet Sanding: 1:15 ~ 1:20

Primary Applications:

Synthetic clay.
Reduces unwanted marring.
Wet sanding.

Directions:

Dilute to suit purpose and tool.
Shake well.
Spray over the sanding disc, or clay bar and over the work area.
Begin sanding or claying, keep surface lubricated.
Wipe off once complete or wash as needed.

OK, my mistake then. I had read about it but I actually never used the product because I thought it wasn't meant to be diluted and thought the cost was too high. I use Glide with Nano Skin and find that it works pretty well, much better than ONR as clay lube.

The Guz
09-17-2020, 01:36 PM
OK, my mistake then. I had read about it but I actually never used the product because I thought it wasn't meant to be diluted and thought the cost was too high. I use Glide with Nano Skin and find that it works pretty well, much better than ONR as clay lube.

Immolube is good. Does get sudsy with a clay mitt or clay towel and loads up the wipe off towel. No suds with a clay bar. Only thing I don't like about it is that it needs a prep wipe to remove the residue. But it's pretty cheap considering the 1:10 dilution.

Finick
09-17-2020, 01:36 PM

I dilute it. It says on the bottle to do so, if I’m not mistaken. It didn’t even come with a sprayer.

I’ll have to check my bottle when I get home, but it says it on carpros website.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200917/b0dca9f21cf0b17ff38bf3f07de418d4.jpg