PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on a swirl remover for Lexus C-Coat. PLEASE HELP!!

SPiN
04-01-2008, 12:21 AM
My newish 2008 Lexus is already pretty swirled up, I have tried XMT360 and its great for removing some of them and hiding it, but i think its time to tackle them with a swirl remover to try to remove them. Iv been using a UDM with an orange pad. Now the swirls have gotten pretty bad on the car.

Im looking at the menz line but im debating between the SIP and the 106FF. Im wondering if SIP will be maybe to intense? I dont have the cash to buy both, and even the 106FF is almost just out of my budget.

Also, is the new Wolfgang Swirl Remover any good? Does that compare to the Menz products?.

Any other products that work just like Menz but slightly cheaper?

Thanks!
-Dan

P.S. Iv been using an absorber to dry the car, any word on this method? I really dont want to buy a air blower to dry the car.

budman3
04-01-2008, 08:48 AM
My newish 2008 Lexus is already pretty swirled up, I have tried XMT360 and its great for removing some of them and hiding it, but i think its time to tackle them with a swirl remover to try to remove them. Iv been using a UDM with an orange pad. Now the swirls have gotten pretty bad on the car.

Im looking at the menz line but im debating between the SIP and the 106FF. Im wondering if SIP will be maybe to intense? I dont have the cash to buy both, and even the 106FF is almost just out of my budget.

Also, is the new Wolfgang Swirl Remover any good? Does that compare to the Menz products?.

Any other products that work just like Menz but slightly cheaper?

Thanks!
-Dan

P.S. Iv been using an absorber to dry the car, any word on this method? I really dont want to buy a air blower to dry the car.

I can't help you with much, but the new Wolfgang polishes because they are brand new ... I don't think anyone on the forums have used it yet with the exception to the AG folks and possibly a few that attended DFIII. But the new polishes are a mix between Wolfgang and Menzerna, so yes, it is very similar to MEnz :).

As for the absorber, that has no nap. If dirt were still left on the car, it would have nowhere to go except to grind in the paint. Get some high quality waffle weave towels, the new HD Guzzler is getting a lot of good reviews. Also try a blot drying method, instead of wiping. It may take a few minutes longer but it'll further reduce the risk of marring.

MadOzodi
04-01-2008, 11:31 AM
That Absorber could well be the culprit for the swirl inducing, but what are you using to wash the car?

makdaddy626
04-01-2008, 11:39 AM
Haven't used the WG polishes yet but as mentioned, they're made by/with Menz so they should be comparable. They do cost more per oz than Menz does though so they better be GOOD (something that worked as well Menz but less tempermental would nice).

As far as choosing between SIP and Nano... what color is the car? If it's a light color, silver, white, etc. you can probably get SIP to finish down well enough to not need to follow with something else (like nano), if it's a dark colored vehicle, black, red, dark blue, I'd probably go with Nano and hope it was strong enough to knock out the swirls.

But... in all honesty if I was that limited by cost, I'd look to a cheaper line such as optimum... Look at some of the show-n-shines (I think Meghans car was done by highenddetail with optimum) and you'll see that GREAT results are obtainable with these. I would suspect that you'd get a better result doint it "right" with a 2 step process using Optimum, than shortcutting the process and trying to get a single Menz product to do it all.

System 1 is another option if you want to buy only one product.

ScottB
04-01-2008, 12:17 PM
the Wolfgang 3.0 offerings (currently kit on special on front page) are quite nice !!