PDA

View Full Version : Mockingbird!

:::houseofbunny:::
03-31-2008, 09:52 PM
Last week, for five days in a row I came out to my car with bird droppings on it. The same type of droppings in the same exact place. Now I don't park under power lines or trees, so for the first few days I was baffled.

Then on the third day, I saw him. I looked out at my car and there's this bird sitting on the passenger side roof looking like he's eating something. I come out to run him off and this thing's got nerve. I was about five feet away before he flew off.

So every day before work I'm out there with PB's S&W, trying to figure out what I'm going to do. Day five it comes to me: I need a scarecrow! I used a stuffed animal that was about the same size as the bird if not larger, and it has those beans in it that make it a little bit weighty so it won't blow off the roof.

The scarecrow worked! I used it for three days, and on the fourth day it was a little rainy so I didn't put it up. The bird hasn't been back yet. I'm hoping that he's plenty spooked and broken of his new perch.

Sorry I don't have any pics of the bird. By the way, it really was a mockingbird. I thought that was funny.

Boxster Brian
03-31-2008, 09:56 PM
I was just wondering what your scarecrow looked like.Im the MAN

:::houseofbunny:::
03-31-2008, 10:16 PM
It was a reindeer that my boyfriend's mother gave me for Christmas. I wasn't sure what to do with it at the time... Luckily, in this case, I never throw anything away.

wytstang
03-31-2008, 10:57 PM
What you need is a Remington 870 pump shot gun :D j/k. Glad the crow worked for ya.

Jimmie
04-01-2008, 02:59 AM
Bird droppings 5 mornings in a row in the same place reminded me of the movie "Groundhog Day".

Gary Sword
04-01-2008, 04:54 AM
If it was a mockingbird you're lucky it didn't attack you and the scarecrow. lol

LilBlackSheep
04-01-2008, 10:41 AM
What you need is a Remington 870 pump shot gun :D j/k.

+1

makdaddy626
04-01-2008, 11:00 AM
What you need is a Remington 870 pump shot gun :D j/k. Glad the crow worked for ya.

remember... it's "a sin to kill a mocking bird" :cheers:

wytstang
04-01-2008, 12:13 PM
remember "God forgives" :D

ScottB
04-01-2008, 12:16 PM
someone once told me a small dish with a couple of moth balls in it drives away cats, and birdies easily. You get points for going the extra mile !