PDA

View Full Version : Waxing Jeep Wrangler - Pad Questions

Shredmonster
08-31-2020, 12:25 PM
I have a Griot 6" orbital - not the new model but the previous one. Last year was the first year I polished with it. Used an all in one product. Meguires I think it was.

Several small surfaces on the Jeep particularly in the back of the window and tailgate area.

These surfaces are 2 - 3" in width.

Would there be any benefit to getting a 2 or 3 " backing plate and pads as opposed to using the larger size 6.5" pads ?

I would assume these smaller pads generate significantly more heat as well ?

PaulMys
08-31-2020, 04:37 PM
My wife has a Wrangler, and I have converted my PC7424XP into a dedicated 3" polisher.

It's really a must IMO.

Also, I have not noticed the 3" pads generating any more heat than a normal 5 or 6 inch pad.

Just as with the larger pads, change pads often and do not let them get saturated.

TMQ
08-31-2020, 04:44 PM
In that case...I tend to grab a terry cloth towel, put a dab polish and hand rub those small areas.

That way it's quick, fast and I don't need to deal with changing pads nor messing around with cords.

Tom

PaulMys
08-31-2020, 04:48 PM
In that case...I tend to grab a terry cloth towel, put a dab polish and hand rub those small areas.

That way it's quick, fast and I don't need to deal with changing pads nor messing around with cords.

Tom

I will also add that I would gladly machine polish my Ram twice before doing her Wrangler once. :laughing: