PDA

View Full Version : next week going to detail my neighbors Lincoln Suv

weekend warrior
08-27-2020, 04:05 PM
LOl getting plenty of rest for this old body to tackle a big Suv....when I rub my hand over the hood it felt so rough....this is my plan....if anyone has any suggestions chime in:

wash with wolfgang uber sio2 coating wash
not sure if i should clay
blackfire one step
wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant or blackfire sio2 spray sealant
lol take a nap

98CayenneTA
08-27-2020, 04:12 PM
99% of the time clay is needed especially on daily drivers and you said hood feels rough so I would clay the whole vehicle.

weekend warrior
08-27-2020, 04:16 PM
thanks I thought so....I never used blackfire one step

PaulMys
08-27-2020, 04:17 PM
99% of the time clay is needed especially on daily drivers and you said hood feels rough so I would clay the whole vehicle.

Agreed.

If you don't clay a vehicle that is that contaminated, you will just be grinding all of that into the paint with the polisher.

That's not good for the paint, or your pads.

weekend warrior
08-27-2020, 04:27 PM
thanks guys...I do have Mothers clay bars...that I will use...

Jeffrey16
08-28-2020, 08:37 AM
Do you have any other car wash soaps? That's a pricey product to use for a decontamination wash.

acuRAS82
08-28-2020, 09:33 AM
Do you have any other car wash soaps? That's a pricey product to use for a decontamination wash.

And WG SiO2 Wash is leaving legitimate protection on the surface right before you plan on clay/polish. Definitely find another soap to use if possible.

2wookies
08-28-2020, 09:38 AM
Look into a clay mitt to speed it up.

weekend warrior
08-28-2020, 03:15 PM
OK guys will get different wash...whats a good clay mitt

98CayenneTA
08-28-2020, 03:19 PM
If it's really bad I would use a traditional clay bar and knead it often.

Mike Phillips
08-31-2020, 08:28 AM
this is my plan....if anyone has any suggestions chime in:

wash with wolfgang uber sio2 coating wash
not sure if i should clay
blackfire one step
wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant or blackfire sio2 spray sealant
lol take a nap

Never use expensive mainteance washes for prep washing. It's a totaly waste of teh product.

Originally I recommended the Wolfgang Uber Si02 Coating Wash when you asked for a wash recommendation for you freshly coated car.

From this thread,

Whats next (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101-a/127286-whats-next.html)

now that I coated my car...

what do I need to maintain it

Here's my recommendation

Get this wash,

Review: Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews-by-mike-phillips/123249-review-wolfgang-uber-sio2-coating-wash.html)

And use the above product with this technique

How to safely wash a ceramic coated car by Mike Phillips - Traditional Hose & Bucket Approach (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-to-articles-by-mike-phillips/122818-how-safely-wash-ceramic-coated-car-mike-phillips-traditional-hose-bucket-approach.html)

And for what it's worth - whenever there's a HUGE sale on the AG store - I come to this forum and let everyone know...

NOW IS THE TIME TO BUY!

Make sense?

For doing a Prep Wash - you want great cleaning, not gentle maintaining wit protection.

Any quality car wash soap would work that is not sold as a soap that adds protection. You just want cleaning.

:)

Because it's a tick on the spendy side.

Always doing my best to help you guys....

:)

weekend warrior
08-31-2020, 02:09 PM
Thanks Mike...I did use Wolfgang Uber SIO2 wash....Wow car looks great....glad I coated my car....

weekend warrior
09-01-2020, 10:06 AM
Hi Mike..I used the Wolfgang uber car wash on my car....when I wash the Lincoln I will use a different wash...