PDA

View Full Version : Help with seat stain

bcgreen
08-21-2020, 12:09 PM
My neighbour has a 2019 Honda Accord with a seat stain. She says: "The car had only 17,000 miles on it with every detail added......so I`m guessing that the lady lawyer spilled either coffee or coke in the seat & simply traded for a new one with a clean seat?? I noticed the stain coming up through the seat a couple months ago. `The seats are leather. `I had a car detailer down on Apple Way take a look at it. He used a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser & a spray bottle solution of some kind & it helped, but didn`t last all that long. At TJ Maxx I found some pure Castille soap that I`m tempted to try...but haven`t yet."

TrustJesus
08-21-2020, 12:26 PM
Magic eraser has the potential to “sand down” surface if used over time.

It depends on stain, if it’s penetrated through leather it may have ruined the finish.

I’ve learned some stains wont come out, give it a try and post your results here.

bcgreen
08-21-2020, 12:48 PM
So what do you suggest?
I just had a thought - maybe I could dye the spots.

TrustJesus
08-21-2020, 12:51 PM
Let’s wait until other chime in, but if it’s permanent stain then I guess you could dye it.

I hope it’s not mold of some kind.

TrustJesus
08-21-2020, 04:52 PM
Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

bcgreen
08-24-2020, 09:01 PM
I wonder if steam cleaning would work?

TrustJesus
08-24-2020, 09:12 PM
Just don’t point the steamer too close for along fine could damage seat

bcgreen
08-24-2020, 09:17 PM
Just don’t point the steamer too close for along fine could damage seat

I don't own one but I could send her down to some one, detailing shop, who has one.

TrustJesus
08-24-2020, 09:37 PM
Just make sure they don’t let steam on too much, least aggressive method first.

phillbmwcoup
09-01-2020, 03:31 AM
Let’s wait until other chime in, but if it’s permanent stain then I guess you could dye it.

I hope it’s not mold of some kind.

If it is a mold it will be good to clean it as fast as possible. The mold tends to spread, especially in tissues. Here, either try means for mold remover 3M Marine Mildew Remover (https://chemicalwiki.com/best-mold-remover/), Clorox Disinfectant that is used in bathrooms but it can be too strong for upholstery or something else, or quickly change the upholstery so that later you do not completely throw out the seat. But as you said further, you need to start with something gentle and with low evaporation. However, all cleaning products contain chemicals that are harmful to health. And in our case, this is a seat (.

phillbmwcoup
09-01-2020, 03:34 AM
I don't own one but I could send her down to some one, detailing shop, who has one.

Have you already fixed this problem?

bcgreen
09-01-2020, 07:17 AM
No, she is not in any particular hurry to take care of it.

ducksfan
11-14-2020, 11:38 PM
I would be looking at separating the leather from the foam and dealing with the staining on each individually. It shouldn't be too big of a deal to separate them.

The 'detailer' that went to the melamine probably doesn't know what he's doing.

bcgreen
11-16-2020, 09:10 AM
Have you already fixed this problem?

No, she is just living with it.