PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody used this??

FloridaNative
07-17-2006, 02:39 AM
Hey guys.
I'm just wondering if any of ya'll have used the Clean Air system? http://autogeek.net/cleanairhigp.html
I'm getting a funky smell when I turn on my AC and I wonder if this will take care of it. Thanks. :)

BILL
07-17-2006, 07:28 AM
Not here, but looks interesting.........FUNKY??:p

mtsl500
07-17-2006, 09:13 AM
I've used the BG44 stuff that claims to do the same 3 things. It worked like a charm on my dad and my brothers cars. Definitely worth it for the 10 bucks I spent, and I think the can is still good for 2 more cars. The worst thing about it was that the smell lingered in the car for a few days so with my brother's car we left the car in the garage with the windows open over night, which helped a lot.

Reddwarf
07-17-2006, 10:01 AM
I get a musty smell when I first turn on the AC. My mom's car smells of smoke. I think for 8 bucks I'll give this stuff a try. Thanks for posting this thread!

wytstang
07-17-2006, 11:50 AM
Dealerships have a chemical they spray in the vents that kills the bacteria. Don't know how much they charge but they can get rid of it.

FloridaNative
07-17-2006, 12:08 PM
Thanks guys for all of the replies! My heroes!

mtsl500
07-17-2006, 01:35 PM
BG has something similar

I used FrigiFresh which is sprayed into the intake vents, but they have another product FrigiClean which is also injected into the evaporator case and foams up while being run through the system. Only reason I stumbled onto this is that its available locally OTC at a shop near my old place.

Meghan
07-17-2006, 01:59 PM
Used it once, frog made its way into my vehicle and decided to stay... you get the rest of the picture. Smell was in the vehicle not the A/C, but I did spray it in the front air intake grill with vent running and it seemed to help out a lot.

ScottB
07-17-2006, 06:08 PM
It actually works quite well when sprayed where it tells you. The air inlets, vents, and heater inlet. Most modern cars have an in cabin filter, check your manual, as changing those first makes a big difference. The spray is minty in scent.