PDA

View Full Version : Moderators, any thoughts on adding a “regional” or “states” specific subforum?

DMiglio
08-15-2020, 12:37 PM
I’ve been thinking about this lately because I recently moved to central Florida. A week or two ago a forum member, mc2hill, pm’d me reaching out to me if I ever needed anything!

I was taken aback by his generosity and I’m very grateful for his offer and saying “welcome” and “hello!”

This got me thinking about how cool it would be if we had a regional or state specific subforum/group.

I figured we could have separate sections for say..

-Meets
-Classifieds(no sales, trades and samples only)
-Registered businesses?
-Local clubs etc

Looking forward to feedback and input from others!

-David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill D
08-15-2020, 01:27 PM
I’m in Central Florida as well. I’d be happy to read about local news and events.

DMiglio
08-15-2020, 02:40 PM
I’m in Central Florida as well. I’d be happy to read about local news and events.

Whereabouts? I’m in Davenport off 27 near 4

Bill D
08-15-2020, 02:42 PM
Palm Coast between Daytona and Saint Augustine

DMiglio
08-15-2020, 02:59 PM
Palm Coast between Daytona and Saint Augustine

Oh, my wife and I were thinking of moving to that area, but plans have changed and seems will be staying in central Florida(Orlando area) for the foreseeable future.

Bill D
08-15-2020, 03:00 PM
At least there’s more stuff to do near Orlando.

MIsnowman
08-15-2020, 10:02 PM
I think that’s a great idea. I’m a member of a snowmobile forum that has this and it makes it a lot easier to find things that are happening close by and meet up with people who might live close to you. I think this could be very helpful for detailing as well.

DMiglio
08-15-2020, 10:29 PM
At least there’s more stuff to do near Orlando.

Very true, my wife would love to be closer to the coast, but just not in the cards for us right now. Also, congrats on your next post, it’ll be your 1000th!

I think that’s a great idea. I’m a member of a snowmobile forum that has this and it makes it a lot easier to find things that are happening close by and meet up with people who might live close to you. I think this could be very helpful for detailing as well.

Absolutely, which is why I’m wondering if they have any thoughts or plans for this. I tend to see it on car/vehicle forums and seeing how active this forum is I think it could only help with building the community network.

Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN
08-15-2020, 11:35 PM
I'm in Oklahoma. I wonder if there's any other Oklahoma detailers on here? Surely there is.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)