PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone do Clear Bra ?

theincrediblejf
08-04-2020, 06:56 PM
I am looking to buy a cutting printer but not sure which one to buy this is new to me I have following questions

What printer is best for cutting vinyl for clear bra?

What else can you cut/print with that expensive printer?

Do you know where to lease it ?

So far I have found that Graphtech is a good brand to buy for these cuts, not sure which size to buy though I had my eye on the 7000 which runs for about $1,800

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKOt72lHnBjm2sp84efyCA5KgWMOH larfnZccNDOK1_cZoOHdebKn_syrQ9yErJDRnrEt4Bu224OhXh EV9CctoD9np2t56XtD0ICU4jnJ9-bs1zwQ5bkTJKA&usqp=CAE
Graphtec CE7000-60 E-Class Desktop Vinyl Cutter and Plotter, 24"

(https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=DChcSEwjQrdLD3oLrAhUDvsAKHTcTB5IYABAHGgJpbQ&sig=AOD64_3bJKbn-DeGp-v-F1Al2C9WoHgBAA&ctype=5&q=&ved=0ahUKEwjPvMzD3oLrAhWVQc0KHUkLDsUQww8I2AY&adurl=)

TTQ B4U
08-04-2020, 08:32 PM
Do free hand cuts and roll the edges.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

theincrediblejf
08-05-2020, 12:26 AM
what exactly is this ?

WillSports3
08-05-2020, 05:51 AM
It's where you put a piece just larger than the panel on it then you cut by hand how big it is then you tuck the edges in behind the panels to hide the uneven cutting lol.
Are you doing this for money or just for yourself? If for yourself, you can probably contact Gyeon and get an exact cut made for your own car for whatever panel you want.
If you're doing this for money, free hand cutting is easier to make money.

Myself personally, just because of how many PPF installers will cut PPF on the paint itself, I won't use a shop unless they use a printed one.

theincrediblejf
08-06-2020, 12:19 AM
It's where you put a piece just larger than the panel on it then you cut by hand how big it is then you tuck the edges in behind the panels to hide the uneven cutting lol.
Are you doing this for money or just for yourself? If for yourself, you can probably contact Gyeon and get an exact cut made for your own car for whatever panel you want.
If you're doing this for money, free hand cutting is easier to make money.

Myself personally, just because of how many PPF installers will cut PPF on the paint itself, I won't use a shop unless they use a printed one.

Oh ok makes sense, and I did it for my family brother sister cars and have gotten so much better. So I am thinking of starting to charge, I first have to get at least 5 more practices so I have my friends already lined up