PDA

View Full Version : Ceramic Coating Product recommendations

Pages : [1] 2 3

motors
07-29-2020, 10:02 PM
Can anyone recommend a good ceramic coating product to be applied on a new car ?

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

The Guz
07-29-2020, 10:16 PM
Any coating from a reputable company is a good option. What brands are you considering?

Coatingsarecrack
07-30-2020, 03:25 AM
I like my Cquartz UK 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WillSports3
07-30-2020, 06:44 AM
Another vote for Cquartz UK 3.0. The Cquartz UK line has honestly been a top notch consistent product over the years. Great beading, great durability, and looks great. Also easy to use.

Desertnate
07-30-2020, 07:37 AM
Another vote for CQuartz UK but I will also recommend Gyeon CanCoat. CanCoat won't last as long as CQuartz, but it should still last around a year and might be a good entry point to the coating world.

WillSports3
07-30-2020, 07:46 AM
I like cancoat but I really don't like the spray method for coating containers. Maybe it's just me and I'm too used to the suede cloth and block and then dribbling product on?

Bruno Soares
07-30-2020, 08:08 AM
I like cancoat but I really don't like the spray method for coating containers. Maybe it's just me and I'm too used to the suede cloth and block and then dribbling product on?

Same here. After having some not so great experience with overspray, I do prefer the normal suede cloth over block application.

Mike Phillips
07-30-2020, 09:26 AM
Just to chime in,

Here's what I use on my own cars. It's super easy. Paint feel slippery instead of rubbery.

Review: PBL Paint Coating & Surface Coating - 2017 IFINITI QX30 - Magnetic Red (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews-by-mike-phillips/126733-review-pbl-paint-coating-surface-coating-ifiniti-qx30-magnetic-red.html)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/4052/2017_QX30_001.JPG

Lots of info in the above.

Look at the time stamp for when I posted this - just a few weeks ago.

:)

scv2005
07-30-2020, 04:58 PM
I have been impressed with the ease of application and the benefits of Gtechniq's CSL and EXO combo...

acuRAS82
07-30-2020, 05:19 PM
Just to chime in,

Here's what I use on my own cars. It's super easy. Paint feel slippery instead of rubbery.

Review: PBL Paint Coating & Surface Coating - 2017 IFINITI QX30 - Magnetic Red (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews-by-mike-phillips/126733-review-pbl-paint-coating-surface-coating-ifiniti-qx30-magnetic-red.html)

If I could be like Mike - I have both PBLs on the shelf and plan to use this fall to get me through winter. Had COVID not happened I likely would have coated quite a few family cars by now with it.

When that’s gone I wouldn’t mind dipping into some of the new PBL Pro, WG PROFI or BF Pro Black Edition. They look solid from reviews.

Markymapo
07-30-2020, 07:36 PM
Used Gtechniq's CSL and EXO and recently Wolfgang Profi ceramic coating on 2 vehicles, and have used BF ceramic coating with all going on easily ( just make sure you prep correctly, don’t cut corners on the prep) I am getting the itch to try BF Pro Black addition.

Desertnate
07-31-2020, 07:27 AM
Many of those coatings do look good. I'm particularly interested in the BlackFire and the Woflgang products.

My one reservation with the PBL Pain Coating Mike mentions here comes from my experience with the McKee's 37 paint coating. I really liked the spray bottle application of applying directly to the surface and then working into the paint with the foam LC applicator. However, the bottles used by PBL and McKee's have a ton of product in it for a coating. I applied it to three cars over six months and still had a lot of product left over. Six months after that I used it again and the product was not doing well and I'm guessing it was due to age. I finished the car, but had to toss the remaining product. If the bottles were much smaller, I think if the bottles were smaller, I'd be more inclined to try it out. I hate having to toss something because I couldn't use it fast enough.

WillSports3
07-31-2020, 07:40 AM
I would love to see those coatings in an actual glass bottle that you can just pour onto a suede block instead.

acuRAS82
07-31-2020, 08:06 AM
Many of those coatings do look good. I'm particularly interested in the BlackFire and the Woflgang products.

My one reservation with the PBL Pain Coating Mike mentions here comes from my experience with the McKee's 37 paint coating. I really liked the spray bottle application of applying directly to the surface and then working into the paint with the foam LC applicator. However, the bottles used by PBL and McKee's have a ton of product in it for a coating. I applied it to three cars over six months and still had a lot of product left over. Six months after that I used it again and the product was not doing well and I'm guessing it was due to age. I finished the car, but had to toss the remaining product. If the bottles were much smaller, I think if the bottles were smaller, I'd be more inclined to try it out. I hate having to toss something because I couldn't use it fast enough.
PBL won’t spoil nearly as fast as Mckees. It has a different formula to my knowledge. I’ve been using the wheel and glass coatings from the same bottle for over 2 years and they still seem fine, lol. And I have a used Surface coating from a year ago which seems fine. I’m sure the paint coating has similar formulas based on hearing someone else (RLMccarty) talk similar about shelf life.

acuRAS82
07-31-2020, 08:07 AM
I would love to see those coatings in an actual glass bottle that you can just pour onto a suede block instead.

I was wonder if these types bottles can be purchased somewhere and then the coating just poured in?