PDA

View Full Version : One step and finishing polish

rifay1990
07-28-2020, 06:34 PM
Hi Mike,

Which one step polishing come compound is best ?
Which finishing polish is best ?

Mike Phillips
07-28-2020, 06:47 PM
There’s a great selection of top notch products available now days.

What brand do you normally use?

What type of polishers do you use?

What kind of detailing do you do?

:)

Mike Phillips
07-28-2020, 06:48 PM
Found your other posts

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-mike-phillips-your-detailing-questions-/126839-fg-400-a.html?highlight=#post1680404

You still only using a rotary buffer?

Where are you located?

:dunno:

Mike Phillips
07-28-2020, 06:51 PM
More...

Pushing away from the keyboard...

Kind of been answering questions all day. I’ll check back on this thread and your answers tomorrow.

:bolt:

PaulMys
07-28-2020, 07:07 PM
As Mike takes his well-deserved break from detailing/training/typing, I will start by saying that any "What's the best [fill in the blank]?" question is like asking "What's the best food?"

You will get a hundred opinions and arguments.

Also, a product that works "Great!" on one person's paint may or may not work the best on yours.

All that being said, Mike uses a TON of products on a TON of different paints. And he has been touting the Blackfire One-Step since it came out. IMO, if Mike says it works, it works.

Another "AIO" that I have found to give me great results is 3D Speed.

rifay1990
07-29-2020, 06:08 AM
Thanks paul

WillSports3
07-29-2020, 06:29 AM
Just to put my 2 cents in, out of all the ones I've used, I've found the Sonax line to be my reliable across all paint system one.
3D has really good stuff, but it doesn't suit everything I do. Scholl Concept I found was good as well, but dusts more than I'd like for a low dust polish. The Gyeon polishes dust too much for me to use. CarPro polishes also dusts too much for my taste. Meguiar's 105 and 205 are classics and work great but a bit too oily for me. Rupes and Menzerna are too oily for my preferred usage, nothing wrong with them however. They both work extremely well. I mostly do coatings now so for me, I like a water based polish. That's because after polishing and before coating, I clean out my garage with some rinseless wash as well as clean up any dusting from the polish on the car right before I paint prep spray down the panels. For me, anything too oily might cause potential problems later on. Also found the water based polishes easier to wash out of my pads. Maybe just me? I like to look at all the conditions and affects of the polish and decide based on that.

rifay1990
07-29-2020, 12:22 PM

sonax perfect finish, menzerna FG400, Rupes DA fine polishing compound.

i have Rupes Mark III LHR15.

its for my own detailing

hi

rifay1990
07-29-2020, 12:24 PM

Using sonax perfect finish, menzerna FG400, Rupes DA fine polishing compound.

i have Rupes Mark III LHR15.

its for my own detailing

rifay1990
07-29-2020, 12:27 PM
thanks Will