PDA

View Full Version : How do you dry your Waffle Weave after using them?

Downgear
03-30-2008, 03:07 PM
I have avoided using waffle weave for a long time because I could never find a good "safe" way to dry them. I remember years ago i would hang my 100% cotton towels up in my garage, but i would be super paranoid about dirt falling on them from the air and later marring the paint. For years i have used my synthetic chamois and kept it sealed permanently in a rubber made container full of water. i change the water after eveyr car wash and tt stays 100% clean and I can confirm it does not create any new marring.

I know waffle weave however does dry better, especially on a black car. But what is the method that other autopians use to dry the waffle weave safely. I don't want to just seal it in a zip lock bag because it will rot, not dry and stink over time. I bought all these waffle weave and really want to try them out though...i hate being so paranoid, but its for the best having a black swirl free car!

Bert31
03-30-2008, 03:24 PM
I wash all of my towels after they have been used once. After washing them all, I dry them by hanging them up around the house or in the dryer with the dryer on low heat/delicates.

pt91
03-30-2008, 08:17 PM
same here. never use a MF for more than one use. i air dry mine inside.
i also store them in a closed cabinet in the garage.

Downgear
03-30-2008, 11:57 PM
Wow thats real dedication. I had a feeling others were not just putting them on a hook in the garage to dry after use. It looks like i have to buy a few more waffle weaves to add to my collection. I cant run the washing machine every time I wash my car! Thanks for the input though.

Jimmie
03-31-2008, 09:16 AM
I get 80% dry in the dryer and then hang them to finish drying.

bryansbestwax
03-31-2008, 10:14 AM
I get 80% dry in the dryer and then hang them to finish drying.
:iagree:

Mike T
03-31-2008, 10:15 AM
My WW's get used once then washed and dried with the rest of my MF's. WW's can deteriorate just as fast as MF's, if not maintained properly.