PDA

View Full Version : DG AquaWax as drying aid for ceramic coating

Pages : [1] 2 3

Pats300zx
07-27-2020, 03:27 PM
Does anyone use DG Aquawax as a topper or drying aid for their cars that are ceramic coated? I was going through my detailing cabinet and saw that my bottle of AW had been pushed to the back. I decided to reach out to Jerry at Duragloss and he got back to me saying that AW is a fantastic topper and drying aid for ceramic coatings. Anyone have good results???

vobro
07-27-2020, 03:58 PM
I’ve used it for my moms car bimonthly, her car was coated with Gloss Coat. I’ve found it rejuvenated and maintains the GC very well, GC had been a big let down to me compared to CQUK and CSL in terms of self cleaning and gloss levels. This combo definitely sheets faster,stays cleaner and has more gloss than either of them on their own. I’ve used AW a lot and it’s definitely isn’t just the AW showing all these benefits, I think there’s some synergy going on.

I typically like to just let the coating do it’s own thing but the GC needs help and like you I had this laying around at her house so I used it. May also try Griots 3 in 1 to see if there’s any difference. Try a panel and give it a shot

Markymapo
07-27-2020, 07:04 PM
Well now I have to try this. I also have a spray bottle of AW and now need to try on my ceramic coated F150

PaulMys
07-27-2020, 07:16 PM
This thread is interesting.

All I have read so far is that any non-coating specific products only "clog" a coating.

What a kick in the a$$ to the topping markets if the "lowly" and very inexpensive DG AquaWax is effective on even a few Lite coatings. :)

PA DETAILER
07-27-2020, 07:31 PM
Interesting for sure. But for the price of TW HS WET WAX, i'll keep it all ceramic. And a bottle lasts a very long time.

PaulMys
07-27-2020, 07:43 PM
Interesting for sure. But for the price of TW HS WET WAX, i'll keep it all ceramic. And a bottle lasts a very long time.

And I don't blame you.

I'm just interested in the DG given the answers Pat received from Jerry.

vobro
07-27-2020, 07:56 PM

I agree and have been using it on my truck that has the TW spray coating, the AW was just what I had on hand at my moms house. The GlossCoat was really lackluster so I gave it a try and have been using 2x a month since April or whenever I can make it by her house.

vobro
07-27-2020, 08:02 PM
This thread is interesting.

All I have read so far is that any non-coating specific products only "clog" a coating.

What a kick in the a$$ to the topping markets if the "lowly" and very inexpensive DG AquaWax is effective on even a few Lite coatings. :)

I agree, Reload and many others I’ve tried either sucked,was streaky or severally changed the water characteristics of the coating. The cheap TW,GG and Meguiars toppers have been effortlessly to apply and really amp up the sheeting/beading.

My moms car is parked outside,full sun 24/7 and I swear the AW is just as good, I was surprised but at 50 I know a winner when I see it. I got real tired of lugging my “good stuff” to her house and by luck I had some AW there

PaulMys
07-27-2020, 08:14 PM
I agree, Reload and many others I’ve tried either sucked,was streaky or severally changed the water characteristics of the coating. The cheap TW,GG and Meguiars toppers have been effortlessly to apply and really amp up the sheeting/beading.

My moms car is parked outside,full sun 24/7 and I swear the AW is just as good, I was surprised but at 50 I know a winner when I see it. I got real tired of lugging my “good stuff” to her house and by luck I had some AW there

Experiences like this are the exact reason I am staunchly still in the "Non-Coating" army.

In fact, as we march into battle, I am the one in the front waving the flag that has the Collinite 476s symbol.. :)

My direct superior, Lt. Bob will sometimes sound the trumpet and have me raise the FK1000 flag, though.

vobro
07-27-2020, 08:24 PM
Experiences like this are the exact reason I am staunchly still in the "Non-Coating" army.

In fact, as we march into battle, I am the one in the front waving the flag that has the Collinite 476s symbol.. :)

My direct superior, Lt. Bob will sometimes sound the trumpet and have me raise the FK1000 flag, though.

Whoa there waving flags in these times is brave! As soon as the lackluster GlossCoat wears off I’m going back to Lt. Bobs method. My own personal vehicles I see the benefits of the coatings but I really,really,really dread the hubbub that’s coming with the new miracle products that contain graphene

PaulMys
07-27-2020, 08:30 PM
Whoa there, waving flags in these times is brave! As soon as the lackluster GlossCoat wears off I’m going back to Lt. Bobs method. My own personal vehicles I see the benefits of the coatings but I really,really,really dread the hubbub that’s coming with the new miracle products that contain graphene

That's why Lt. Bob has me in the front. Brave and dumb. Lol

And I'm betting I'll come out of this Graphene war with just a slight limp........... ;)

MAXBKS
07-27-2020, 08:30 PM
I'll march with you Paul.:whs:

All tho that WG sio2 paint sealant is really working on my mind.
I think even I could do it. Reading about some sealants/coating give me a headache.

vobro
07-27-2020, 08:32 PM
That's why Lt. Bob has me in the front. Brave and dumb. Lol

And I'm betting I'll come out of this Graphene war with just a slight limp........... ;)
Are you sporting the red or blue hair? The ones in front seem to favor this look

PaulMys
07-27-2020, 08:35 PM
Are you sporting the red or blue hair? The ones in front seem to favor this look

I wear the required uniform cover with the Corvette symbol.

You do not want to be caught without one. I still have emotional scars..........

Markymapo
07-27-2020, 09:14 PM
The reason I have DG AW around is because my Cayman S has DG 105 on it and topped with AW. In fact the CS is only DG products, I haven’t converted to ceramic on it yet n most likely won’t especially now as I only drive it to work 2x a week.