PDA

View Full Version : Best detail spray to use in direct sun on hot paint?

joebruin77
07-26-2020, 03:35 PM
I live in a very hot, sunny climate. It is routinely over 100 degrees during the summer. I have no choice but to park my car outside in the driveway all the time. I wash my car early in the morning before the sun and heat are at their highest. But I do often need a detail spray to clean cat paw prints, dust, pollen, etc in the later afternoon. I recently tried a detail spray, which I will not name since it is not sold on AG. Despite my best of efforts to spray in a small area and wipe quickly, it still left a ton of streaks.

Can anyone recommend a detail spray that works well in direct heat/sun on hot paint? I am looking for something that will clean without leaving streaks.

Thank you,
joebruin77

PaulMys
07-26-2020, 04:26 PM
When I have to use a QD/spray in direct sun (like to remove a bird bomb,etc.), Griot's Speed Shine works well and does not streak IME.

I always use a high GSM (plush) micro fiber for the final wipe as well.

oneheadlite
07-26-2020, 04:47 PM
I know Griots Best of Show Detailer was made for being used in full sun - I’d give that a go.

PaulMys
07-26-2020, 04:56 PM
I know Griots Best of Show Detailer was made for being used in full sun - I’d give that a go.

I have that as well, and you are correct.

I think Speed Shine is a just a little slicker though......

FUNX650
07-26-2020, 05:42 PM
Poorboy’s World products are formulated
to where they can be applied in the Sun.
Here are a couple of their QDs that’ll meet
your stated requirements:

•Poorboy’s World Quick Detailer + (Plus):
-apply it in the sun or shade;
-apply on a wet or dry vehicle!
Poorboy?s World Quick Detailer PLUS (QD+) cleans and shines in one quick step. Spray and wipe detail spray, waterless wash (https://www.autogeek.net/poorboys-quick-detailer-plus.html)

•Poorboy’s World Spray & Gloss:
-apply in the sun or in the shade.
-does not streak or haze
Poorboy?s Spray & Gloss: Spray & Gloss is a quick detailer with superior gloss enhancing properties. quick spray, poorboys gloss spray, poorboys spray (https://www.autogeek.net/pbsg16.html)

Bob

Bruno Soares
07-26-2020, 05:51 PM
Wolfgang Uber diluted as QD works well in direct sun and hot paint. No streaking.