PDA

View Full Version : How long after polishing before LSP (prevent shine loss / oxidation)

Odrapnew
07-24-2020, 07:03 AM
I'm curious, I polished my 89 Mustang on Monday and am waiting for my bottle of EXO and panel wipe to top it. Paint went from an off white to 'real' white.

The car will be sitting in the garage, with maybe a quick drive or 2 this weekend. No exposure to rain.

The paint is a single stage white and I was wondering if I need to worry about topping the paint soon to prevent oxidation/shine loss or will it be ok to sit for another week to apply the EXO. I have some C2V3 on hand, but I don't want to waste it since it would be stripped off before the EXO.

Thoughts? Am I worrying about nothing?

acuRAS82
07-24-2020, 08:09 AM
I'm curious, I polished my 89 Mustang on Monday and am waiting for my bottle of EXO and panel wipe to top it. Paint went from an off white to 'real' white.

The car will be sitting in the garage, with maybe a quick drive or 2 this weekend. No exposure to rain.

The paint is a single stage white and I was wondering if I need to worry about topping the paint soon to prevent oxidation/shine loss or will it be ok to sit for another week to apply the EXO. I have some C2V3 on hand, but I don't want to waste it since it would be stripped off before the EXO.

Thoughts? Am I worrying about nothing?

Don’t worry about it. A few weeks, a few drives, not in rain. I don’t think there will be any concern of oxidation or grime buildup in that time, but I would definitely do a final wash (or waterless wash with N-914) and then a final panel wipe down before applying the coating. To remove any dust and oils that may have settled.

WillSports3
07-25-2020, 12:15 AM
Waiting for a delivery time, you would be fine. I would just follow AcuRAS's suggestion and give it a heavy panel wipe before you actually coat. It doesn't oxidize that fast. Rain wouldn't be the real issue, just UV exposure to be honest. But even then, it's miniscule.