PDA

View Full Version : Polisihng for beginners

animescreen
07-19-2020, 01:13 PM
I got all the tools and solutions and did some sample on one section of my car. And my work is caught up and decide it's time i put like 6 hours doing this. I got Mikes book and been reading some of it (although pages seems to fall off from the book.. lol) I saw there was a tutorial he made for beginners on here (like a thread) anyone know what thread im talking about? i tried searching but didn't find it.

The Guz
07-19-2020, 03:21 PM
This should get you started until Mike comes in to post all of his beginner links.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulWXODgg8V4&t=6s

MarkD51
07-19-2020, 03:36 PM
It's OK to relegate time of whatever you have to do such work. But I'll advise to not set times as your benchmark like it's a race, and you feel you're under the gun to accomplish whatever tasks might be at hand.

And I wholly understand that many people have other duties to attend to in their daily lives.

40 some years ago, 98% of us were "hacks". There was an underwhelming choice of products to choose from and use.
80% of products available today didn't even exist. Clay Bars, and Clay substitutes, Iron Removers, lighting, paint thickness gauges, Pads, Tools, Foam Guns, chemicals. Towels, applicators, just too much to list.

Pace yourself, think "quality not quantity". Time is not a goal unless you're a professional detailer with a heavy schedule.

I could care less about a machine's stroke, meaning I have to have a 21mm stroke so I can get done possibly 15 minutes sooner, and then fight and struggle with a machine that could possibly tear my hands and arms apart in the process. I surely don't want to feel like I rode a Harley Knuckle Head Chopper across the state of Texas by the time I'm done, and in need of an ICU for recovery.

Work clean, take your time, think, have the good products and tools on hand to assist, and enjoy your work is the main, and most important guidelines.

I've seen you've been here for a good number of years, so I'll say you know a thing or three about what's involved.