PDA

View Full Version : Call to Ban YouTubers

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Billy Baldone
07-16-2020, 09:41 AM
Can AutoGeek please ban the YouTube influencers that drop their videos here, with little, to no engagement with the people that are here day in and day out. Specifically Stauffer, and OrangeVee (Pan The organizer) I think they are doing just fine on their YouTube channels without AutoGeek helping them.

TrustJesus
07-16-2020, 10:14 AM
Without bashing anyone, and respect for everyone. When I started “cleaning cars” I actually did pretty good. Once I got on YouTube I actually started to doubt my cleaning abilities. That’s all I’ll say to keep positive flow here, was it there fault? Nope, now I’m on here daily and I’ve learned more from this forum then on YouTube detailers.

I love this forum it’s made me a better detailer, and those are my thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

bfielder32087
07-16-2020, 10:18 AM
I'll second that. Pan the Advertiser is the worst. Do what you gotta do to make money,that's fine but this isn't the place to advertise. I'm guessing most of the regulars here don't watch his videos.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

FUNX650
07-16-2020, 10:45 AM
https://tanshanomi.com/temp/index.php?dir=animated/&file=hear-hear-reaction-180x256.gif

Bob

mk9750
07-16-2020, 10:52 AM
I agree about Pan. Actually I watched a lot of his videos, and until he really got carried away with advertising rather than instruction, found them worthwhile. But even then, I kept looking for his engagement on AutoGeek, and found almost none. Someone called him out on it once (during the Geat BeadMaker debate of 2018, I think), and he claimed his YouTube offerings were his engagement. Doesn't cut it for me. Your mileage may vary.

Bill D
07-16-2020, 10:57 AM
I am in absolute favor of this idea! I come on AGO for discussion not for commercials for YT videos.

acuRAS82
07-16-2020, 11:00 AM
I agree about Pan. Actually I watched a lot of his videos, and until he really got carried away with advertising rather than instruction, found them worthwhile. But even then, I kept looking for his engagement on AutoGeek, and found almost none. Someone called him out on it once (during the Geat BeadMaker debate of 2018, I think), and he claimed his YouTube offerings were his engagement. Doesn't cut it for me. Your mileage may vary.

Yes, the great BM debate of 2018 is the only time I remember him posting for real, and it was really just to defend himself.

TTQ B4U
07-16-2020, 11:02 AM
Agree. Pan is the worst offender. He does the same thing in many of the car forums he's on. I'm not sure why they even let him post. Does good video work but is a hit and run guy with very little engagement. When he does, he's pretty argumentative too. Been there done that with him around throwing out or reusing wipe off towels when coating cars. Knucklehead he is IMO.

Stauffer I like but I'm biased because he's a local to me and while I don't know him personally he's better than pan in many ways. Still not at all engaging even with me as a local but hey, that's on him not me, I've tried and would still welcome it. He and his wife are both BIG YouTubers and outside some issues related to their adoption of a child, etc. they seem pretty legit overall. In terms of engaging and interacting, it must be a personality thing they both share. Great on camera but who knows in real life they may be introverted geeks that can't relate. Don't know.

dennis b
07-16-2020, 11:06 AM
Problem with this banning scenario is you have a guy like Loach (Waxmode on Youtube) that posts his Youtube video's and does engage in conversation here. I don't always agree with his findings but he seems genuinely interested in sorting out the good products from the posers.

Can you in good conscious pick and choose who stays and who goes?

Billy Baldone
07-16-2020, 11:08 AM
Yes i can. Pan and Stauffer are the worst offenders of dropping videos for clickbait, with almost no engagement

TrustJesus
07-16-2020, 11:09 AM
Like this world needs more love and treating each other better for. I’m not trying to bash or insult anyone, or make them feel “inferior” because they not. I just don’t approve of the technique they use. Someone recommend to clean my steering wheel using APC and taking a toothbrush, look at my steering wheel now . Yes I’m a little upset, could be worse, but I think we need to teach each other right, instead of trying to make money misleading others.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200716/25ee4dd0800d7bcac62203017459aeee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

dennis b
07-16-2020, 11:24 AM
Yes i can. Pan and Stauffer are the worst offenders of dropping videos for clickbait, with almost no engagement

LOl I was just trying to be diplomatic. I'm with you. Ban the offenders.

Like this world needs more love and treating each other better for. I’m not trying to bash or insult anyone, or make them feel “inferior” because they not. I just don’t approve of the technique they use. Someone recommend to clean my steering wheel using APC and taking a toothbrush, look at my steering wheel now . Yes I’m a little upset, could be worse, but I think we need to teach each other right, instead of trying to make money misleading others.

Look at post #4 of this thread. Look at FUNX650 signature at the bottom of his posts. Words to live by.

bfielder32087
07-16-2020, 11:25 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200716/25ee4dd0800d7bcac62203017459aeee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnlineYeah I'm not at all a fan of an APC on interiors. Only time I would even consider it would be if I were detailing someone's absolutely hammered car. Even then I'd be very careful.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

TrustJesus
07-16-2020, 11:27 AM
Dennis B, good post. I’ll take it for sure.

Eldorado2k
07-16-2020, 11:31 AM

That would’ve been me.. Thank you, and you guys are all welcome.[emoji18]

Afaik, Still to this day he has never posted a single message on this forum outside of his shameless video thread plugs..

I haven’t watched any of his vids in a long time but the thing I remember that always stood out to me was how his so called “reviews” weren’t reviews at all, more like word for word regurgitating of the product label descriptions. It’s as if he was simply holding up brand new bottles and the review consisted of whatever the label claimed as far as performance and durability.

There’s no such thing as pros and cons with that guy, because he’s too much of a brown noser to ever say anything negative about any product. Why even call it a “review” if you’re afraid to be honest and keep it real?

It’s not too hard to provide an honest review without offending some people you may know at any given company... It’s called having a Spine.