PDA

View Full Version : Question about 20" granite crystal aluminum wheels

BlackRam
07-16-2020, 05:50 AM
Good Morning-
I haven't been around in a few years but I recently traded in my cars and have new ones in the household. One of which is 20 Grand Cherokee Limited X with 20" granite crystal aluminum wheels (they are like a black graphite color). Due to work and family, I have unfortunately resorted to using the automatic car wash. My question is will the wheels listed above be visibility scratched by using the automatic car wash? It is not a touchless, it has those hanging pads and side bristles. If so, besides home hand washing, is there any other option? Thanks everyone in advance.

Mike Phillips
07-16-2020, 06:09 AM
Maybe go to the car wash you're thinking of using, park off to the side and then take a look down the tunnel and see how far into the wheel area the brushes reach?

Maybe just ask the Manager this question?

There's always the Coin-Op Car Wash option. With this option you could take your own bucket and wheel cleaning brushes and products and do it there.

Need a picture of the wheels, they sound cool.

:)

Whalen182
07-16-2020, 08:50 AM
At the automatic car wash I worked at we could program the wash to retract/turn off the tire brushes. We would do this by customer request and for plain black tires. Usually the brushes don’t make contact with the rim anyway. Definitely check with the manager.

BlackRam
07-22-2020, 06:40 AM
Thanks everyone for all the feedback. Attached are 2 pictures of the Jeep's wheels as well as picture of the new truck. Reasoning being I felt/the Rams wheels (20" Aluminum Chrome Clad) and the Rams are more like a clanging if I flick them with my finger while the Jeeps are more of a dull sound (and much smoother). Pics to follow in a second.

BlackRam
07-22-2020, 06:43 AM

BlackRam
07-22-2020, 06:44 AM

BlackRam
07-22-2020, 06:46 AM

BlackRam
07-24-2020, 06:15 AM

Good Morning-
I took the Jeep to a touchless wash. It was ok. When I was vacuuming after it I swiped my finger across the rim and black dirt/brake dust came up/was still there. Are there spray cleaners I can use to say re-wet the rim after the wash and wipe off the dirt? Thank you.