PDA

View Full Version : Polish product CSI Ceram-X Car Polish

tae111
07-10-2020, 04:10 PM
CSI Ceram-X Car Polish. Have you ever used this? It claims to replace multiple compounds.

vobro
07-10-2020, 04:30 PM
Lol, “never compound again”.

tae111
07-10-2020, 05:04 PM
The YouTube videos make it look like It's the best thing since sliced bread.

PaulMys
07-10-2020, 05:11 PM
The YouTube videos make it look like It's the best thing since sliced bread.

And there you go.......

tae111
07-10-2020, 06:01 PM
That's why I asked on here. Every products YouTube video no matter what it is always shows it to be the next best thing. Then people start using it in the real world and the truth comes out either way.

PaulMys
07-10-2020, 06:14 PM
That's why I asked on here. Every products YouTube video no matter what it is always shows it to be the next best thing. Then people start using it in the real world and the truth comes out either way.

If it was anything to talk about, it would be discussed ad nauseum here.

tae111
07-10-2020, 06:34 PM
Thanks. I'll just stick to what most people are using on here.

PaulMys
07-10-2020, 06:37 PM
Thanks. I'll just stick to what most people are using on here.

A very wise choice.

And, you can ask ANY question about the products sold here, and there will be an AGO member to gladly answer. :)

Mike Phillips
07-11-2020, 09:21 AM
CSI Ceram-X Car Polish. Have you ever used this? It claims to replace multiple compounds.

I've never heard of this until your post. So I did a little research and here's the nutshell version of what I've found.

Person behind the product is Tom Horvath. Tom Horvath is the person that created System 1, which was the first (to my knowledge), Compound/Polish on the market. The idea being a single product to both cut and finish with. It started showing up in body shops and had a strong enough impact that it led Meguiar's to do their research and then launch the So1o product line focused on M86 Solo Cut & Polish Cream.

This product seems to be Tom's latest compound/polish. I've never used it so can't comment. It's also not sold on the AG store so until it is I wont' have a review or how-to for it.

There are now a lot of good compound/polishes on the market. The ONLY way to know if they truly do what they claim to do is to test them on black paint.

I spoke about,

The Black Paint Test

In this recent video here,

https://youtu.be/S5ej_Dhb5nM

:)

Mike Phillips
07-11-2020, 09:25 AM
Here's my experience,

When it comes to building the EXTREME abrading characteristics into a single product, this means aggressive cutting and fine polishing, I think some of the products come very close.

That said, on softer paints - you MUST do testing first before trying to buff out an entire car with a single product with the expectation of getting show car results.

The PAD you use and even the TOOL you use and also your TECHNIQUE can modify the results from a single product depending upon the unknown variable

Paint Hardness

In other words, a one-step compound polish is a great idea and I've had great results with the products I've used in this catagory that are sold on on the AG store.

That said, you MUST do some testing with ANY products anytime you're abrading paint. It's called,

The TEST SPOT.

:)