PDA

View Full Version : new car care

mashER
03-28-2008, 02:43 PM
Hi.

I just got a new Mazda3 GT and I'm looking forward to taking great care of it from the start. Got some

Outside:
Vroom microfiber towels from Target
Meguiar's NXT
Mequiar's cleaner wax
mequiar's deep crystal soap
MF was mit
two buckets
Absorber synthetic chamois

Inside:
no streak glass cleaner
Armor all detailer (supposed to be less greasy)
Armor all leather wipes

Any feeback?

I have washed once. This weekend I want to wash again and wax. Do I need to use a cleaner or polish first? The car is brand new. Also, I don't have a buffer. DO I really need one or will buffing by hand work ok for such a new car?

Thanks for your help!!!

mashER

bryansbestwax
03-28-2008, 04:43 PM
Armourall is not the best for anything, I suggest you try something differnent like Vinylex. Much better and last a lot longer

mashER
03-28-2008, 05:00 PM
Hey thanks

Bunky
03-28-2008, 06:50 PM
I would use the Absorber only for blotting and not dragging against the paint. It just is too sticky. Follow up with a large detailing towel (16x24 or larger) to remove the residue water not picked up by the Absorber.

mashER
03-30-2008, 01:19 AM
how about a regular chamois? I see that most here love the guzzler. Can those be bought otc?

Jimmie
03-30-2008, 12:12 PM
Wash-Clay-Polish-Protect.
You have a lot of options under each of those catagories, but that's a solid master plan to follow.
I'd get the Cobra HD Guzzler from AG.

mashER
03-30-2008, 05:42 PM
Thanks Jimmie! Since my car is brand new, do you think a pure polish without any fine abrasives would be ok? I'd hate to take off any clearcoat that I don't need to. As for clay, do you think Mother's kit would be fine?

jshillin
03-30-2008, 06:58 PM
Ditch the absorber, get a good waffle weave and lose the armor all as well, 1Z makes some nice interior products such as Cockpit Premium

Jimmie
03-30-2008, 07:10 PM
Thanks Jimmie! Since my car is brand new, do you think a pure polish without any fine abrasives would be ok? I'd hate to take off any clearcoat that I don't need to. As for clay, do you think Mother's kit would be fine?

Yes, that's exactly what I would do. Mothers is a fairly mild clay and will be fine. Follow that with a good paint cleaner.
Do you have any swirls in your paint now?

mashER
03-31-2008, 01:28 AM
nope.it's in pretty good shape. For protecting the paint, I am leaning toward a sealant for the durability. I was looking at Poorboy's EX but it seems designed for mechanical application. Got a hand applied recommendation that will last and not break the bank?

Jimmie
03-31-2008, 09:12 AM
nope.it's in pretty good shape. For protecting the paint, I am leaning toward a sealant for the durability. I was looking at Poorboy's EX but it seems designed for mechanical application. Got a hand applied recommendation that will last and not break the bank?

A lot is personal preference. I use DP but I saw WG used at DF III. It's also impressive.