PDA

View Full Version : ONRWW rinseless wash advice

Pages : [1] 2

wyclef
07-01-2020, 01:46 PM
Hey, I wanted to do a two bucket suds wash every couple weeks and maybe throw in a rinseless wash the alternating weeks using ONRWW. Feeling a bit like there ends up being too much crap on the car after a week goes by, do I need to knock that off with a hose first? Was hoping to use my marolex sprayer to pretreat with ONR and then just hit it with the ONRWW but not sure how much crud is too much to do these rinseless washes. Also, i want to use distilled water for the ONRWW so if I am pre rinsing with tap water doesnt that mean i could end up with spots after the ONRWW? Confused about this rinseless wash thing if it even makes sense for me even though I like the mobility and convenience of it.

PaulMys
07-01-2020, 05:54 PM
Depends on what you define as "Too much crap on the car".

If you have heavy pollen/dirt, caked on mud, or the like, then a rinseless is not really the way to go IMO.

But just light dust, road film from driving, or the "drove through a rain storm" film is when to use the RW.

ALWAYS pretreat the panels, and use even more towels than you think you'll need until you dial-in your process.

Pre-rinsing with "tap water" won't induce spots, as you only do one panel at a time and then immediately dry when using a RW.

I was a little skeptical (scared) to try RW's at first too. But they are now how I wash my truck about 75% of the time during the summer.

Use common sense, pre-treat each panel, use top quality MF towels/mitts with the proper technique, and you will soon love the convenience of the Rinseless Wash. :)

TrustJesus
07-01-2020, 06:18 PM
I was just going to start thread about this. I’ll just keep watching this one, sorry man I’m new here. Still learning myself

wyclef
07-01-2020, 06:40 PM
If you are doing one panel at a time, how do you do the roof so you aren’t getting solution and water all over all the panels? Or does it not matter since you are going top down?

PaulMys
07-01-2020, 06:48 PM
If you are doing one panel at a time, how do you do the roof so you aren’t getting solution and water all over all the panels? Or does it not matter since you are going top down?

When used correctly, there should be little to no runoff from the roof.

When you take your towel out of the rinseless solution, you very gently wring it until it stops "running". Dripping is what you are looking for.

vobro
07-01-2020, 07:23 PM
Do the roof first followed by hood and trunk if your worried about runoff. Follow Paul’s advice and tune it to your liking

Jayfro
07-01-2020, 07:56 PM
I really enjoy doing RW now, I was scared as he!! the first couple of time since Acura/Honda paint is soft as melted butta, but now it’s second nature, may actually do it in a few minutes!

A couple of questions to those in the know:

1. I keep a 5 gallon bucket filled with about 4 gallons of distilled water that has a gamma seal lid and RW solution with towels soaking, how and when would you replenish the RW solution when it starts getting low? How long is it good for?

2. Paul, you mention wringing out the towel of excess water, why is this done? Wouldn’t more water be better to keep from marring the paint?

Thank you
Jay

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

PaulMys
07-01-2020, 08:02 PM
2. Paul, you mention wringing out the towel of excess water, why is this done? Wouldn’t more water be better to keep from marring the paint?

Thank you
Jay

Not really a "Wring out". Just a gentle squeeze so the towel isn't filling up your shoes as you go to the paint. It's a fine line.

Coatingsarecrack
07-01-2020, 08:18 PM
I really enjoy doing RW now, I was scared as he!! the first couple of time since Acura/Honda paint is soft as melted butta, but now it’s second nature, may actually do it in a few minutes!

1. I keep a 5 gallon bucket filled with about 4 gallons of distilled water that has a gamma seal lid and RW solution with towels soaking, how and when would you replenish the RW solution when it starts getting low? How long is it good for?

Thank you
Jay

You just sqeeze towel enough so it’s not dripping. I use to do what you did with the rinseless and it depends. With Ech20 2-3 weeks.... 5 weeks with N-914. Now i just mix about 1.5 gallons in a 2gallon bucket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vobro
07-01-2020, 08:21 PM

Thank you
Jay

I used to store my solution but for me it’s best to just mix up smaller batches and use what I need( another great benefit of the GDWM). If I know I’ll use it the next day I may mix up more but too often for me life gets in the way and taking the gamma off after a week and getting a whiff of stale solution makes me sick

TrustJesus
07-01-2020, 10:06 PM
What if the water from bucket collects dirt?

Eldorado2k
07-02-2020, 02:44 AM
What if the water from bucket collects dirt?

It shouldn’t, because all you’re ever doing is pulling out fresh clean wet towels out of the bucket and putting the gamma seal lid back on it.

WillSports3
07-02-2020, 07:00 AM
I don't wrong out the towel at all. If it drips, it drips. More lubrication is always better, I don't really trust ONR to be honest, because I used to use ONR with BRS, and I pre-treated quite liberally. I used it on top of glosscoat, and I found swirl marks a year later.

Different car, never used ONR on it, used another Rinseless with the towels and found no issues.

TrustJesus
07-02-2020, 10:07 AM
Will sports, what brand product do you now use? I also thrift ONR was over rated your reply confirmed it. This is why I ask the dumbest question, the smallest detail make the biggest difference.

wyclef
07-02-2020, 10:33 AM
So i’m thinkin marolex sprayer with ONR and distilled agua pre treat with some dwell time, if I can find a nice cool overcast day I can just pre treat entire vehicle otherwise panel by panel top down. If the car is super cruddy hose it off first. Then i will have a gallon with ONRWW diluted with distilled and 5 or 6 creature microfibers in it and a separate bucket to dump the dirty microfibers, and just go to town folding the microfibers in squares wringing out to lightly dripping, and then first pass is to apply ONRWW then dry with microfiber or do I do a second pass with a clean MF section and ONRWW and then dry and then after entire car is gone over do I use remaining solution for wheels and tires? Maybe touch up with an instant detailer as needed?