PDA

View Full Version : Which Flex Polisher (Beast or C-Beast) ???

Topsportsman916
07-01-2020, 08:53 AM
I'm looking at buying either a Flex 3401 "Beast" or going cordless with the C-Beast. From what I read the C-Breast has a little less power than the Beast. But I really like the freedom of cordless. Battery technology has come such a long way. I would like to hear some Pros & Cons to each. Price difference is NOT a factor. Thanks !!!

Mike Phillips
07-01-2020, 11:14 AM
Here's my take,

Some people have asked or wondered about the differences between the 3 different version of the original 8mm gear-drive BEAST.

BEAST = 480 RPM and 9,600 OPM

Supa BEAST = 430 RPM and 8,600 OPM

CBEAST = 380 RPM and 7,600 OPM

Here's my take, if I REALLY want to bust out a job and plow through it as fast as humanly possible I use the BEAST. If not trying to hit Warp Speed - I grab the Supa Beast, much more enjoyable to use. If I have an easy job, that means the car has only light swirls, scratches, etc. and I'm not in a hurry then I grab the CBEAST.

Best pads I've found for the BEAST and Supa BEAST are either the Lake Country 6.5" Force Hybrid Pads, I can pretty much do anything with Orange, White and Black.

I also really like the RUPES 7" foam pad, in all colors, just depends on the project. For polishing gel-coat - the blue and green. For polishing car paint - the yellow and white. I like the TAPERED edge on the RUPES pads as it works well with the reach and buffing characteristics of the gear-driven 8mm tool action.

For the CBEAST - at this time I don't think there's a PERFECT pad for this tool but I do like the Buff & Shine Uro-Tech pads.

Here's my take on the Supa BEAST

Amazing tool. Smoother, quieter, lighter and cooler than the original.

I share it here,

FLEX Power Tools Nicknames - All cool tools should have a nickname - not a part number -Mike Phillips (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-to-articles-by-mike-phillips/126503-flex-power-tools-nicknames-all-cool-tools-should-have-nickname-not-part-number-mike-phillips.html)

:)

Mike Phillips
07-01-2020, 11:17 AM
I'm looking at buying either a Flex 3401 "Beast" or going cordless with the C-Beast.

Here's how I would think of it,

What type of detailing do you do?

Not in a hurry? Get the CBEAST.

Just working on your own cars, maybe some detailing on the side - get the Supa BEAST.

Full time detailer - Get the BEAST.

Be sure to read my first reply from my article.

:)

Dr Oldz
07-01-2020, 11:46 AM
Too add to what Mike said, as you progress, you will enjoy having both if you are detailing for money. Both are great tools and have their own pros and cons.

Looking back, I couldn’t be without either tool.

Markymapo
07-01-2020, 12:32 PM
I have the Supra Beast and the CBeast. I am a hobbyist ( take care of 10 cars which includes family) and really liking the CBeast for ease of use and not in a hurry for minor correcting.

Topsportsman916
07-01-2020, 02:34 PM
Mike, thanks for the quick response. I thought you were on vacation today. LOL!! I'm just an enthusiast doing my family's cars & everyone's was really helpful. I'm not looking to maximize time to make money. I think the C Beast will do me just fine. If I ever need more, I know where to get the Beast.

Thanks everyone !!!

WRAPT C5Z06
07-01-2020, 02:46 PM
I thought about the C-Beast, but decided against it. Most cars I do are heavily swirled and for that kind of money of the C-Beast, I’m just guessing it doesn’t have quite what I need to be efficient. Personal cars, I think it’d be great. I’m interested in the Supa Beast, however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reno
07-04-2020, 09:10 AM
Supa Beast the way to go brother

Dereksdtail
07-04-2020, 10:12 AM
I just got my cordless beast and the pixie yesterday, The beast is a beast and the pixie is smooth and has plenty of torque. I want the 15 mm now!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Topsportsman916
07-05-2020, 04:12 PM
I just got my cordless beast and the pixie yesterday, The beast is a beast and the pixie is smooth and has plenty of torque. I want the 15 mm now!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Cool! ! I'm jealous! !