PDA

View Full Version : Rupes LHR15 no longer working?

jakescakes
06-30-2020, 04:31 PM
I have a first gen bigfoot lhr15 that sat for a year or so. I went to start it up the other day and it will not work. Tried different outlets and messing with the speed dial but no luck.

Dr Oldz
06-30-2020, 05:03 PM
Try to get it to oscillate by hand. Sometimes from sitting, Rust forms and doesn’t allow contact. Hand turning may get you back to making an electrical contact. WD-40 may help also.

jakescakes
07-02-2020, 04:09 PM
Try to get it to oscillate by hand. Sometimes from sitting, Rust forms and doesn’t allow contact. Hand turning may get you back to making an electrical contact. WD-40 may help also.

tried that, no luck. where would I spray WD40?

PaulMys
07-02-2020, 07:14 PM
For the money that machine cost, I'd be a little pissed.

Maybe call Rupes customer service?

jakescakes
07-02-2020, 08:06 PM
For the money that machine cost, I'd be a little pissed.

Maybe call Rupes customer service?

Yea, I am quite ornery about the situation. Meanwhile the old porter cable that is twice as old is still chugging along. I did some digging, it looks like it would cost ME $95 to send it to Rupes for repair. That only covers some of the parts, not the middle section. I have no idea what that means or what the problem is so I'm not sure what I'm gonna do at this time.

PaulMys
07-02-2020, 08:38 PM
Yea, I am quite ornery about the situation. Meanwhile the old porter cable that is twice as old is still chugging along. I did some digging, it looks like it would cost ME $95 to send it to Rupes for repair. That only covers some of the parts, not the middle section. I have no idea what that means or what the problem is so I'm sure what I'm gonna do at this time.

I feel for you, man.

Many Rupes fans, but enough complaints on breakdowns and high-dollar repairs to scare many off.

Whenever I choose to purchase machines (electric tools, or gas powered yard equipment) I really need a solid guarantee it won't take crap on me in an unreasonably short time.

The Guz
07-02-2020, 10:27 PM
There customer service information can be found here. They have been known to surprise people with going above and beyond repairing machines.

Have a problem with a RUPES polisher or product? (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/rupes-bigfoot-oribital-polishers/102074-have-problem-rupes-polisher-product.html)

jakescakes
07-11-2020, 09:17 AM
I have decided that I am not dumping another penny into this machine. My polisher is listed on eBay if someone is looking for a deal. Thanks for the help.

PaulMys
07-11-2020, 05:32 PM
I have decided that I am not dumping another penny into this machine. Thanks for the help.

I don't blame you one bit. You already dumped enough pennies at the time of purchase, IMO.

The Guz
07-11-2020, 07:11 PM
I have decided that I am not dumping another penny into this machine. My polisher is listed on eBay if someone is looking for a deal. Thanks for the help.

Did you at least call customer service? Or just made the decision based on what you did searching?

jakescakes
07-16-2020, 07:18 AM
Did you at least call customer service? Or just made the decision based on what you did searching?

I contacted them and was given the option to send it in for service/repair.