PDA

View Full Version : Fg 400

rifay1990
06-25-2020, 07:54 PM
which polishing pad will suite for FG400 in Rotary?

which speed I have to maintain during cutting, polishing, finishing & Jeweling process ?

I have Dewalt rotary.

can you please help me.

Mike Phillips
06-26-2020, 09:44 AM
which polishing pad will suite for FG400 in Rotary?

Wool pads
Foam cutting pads
Foam polishing pads

which speed I have to maintain during cutting, polishing, finishing & Jeweling process ?

I'd use between the 1000 RPM and 1500 RPM for any correction work.

For jeweling I would drop down to the 600 RPM range to 1000 RPM. Slower in my experience is better. You didn't state which DeWALT rotary you have, the 849X dials down to 600 RPMs. Older models don't go that low.

You will also need a super soft foam pad to jewel paint - I'd suggest the CarPro 5.5" Gloss Pad - it's probably the softest pad on the market.

CarPro 5.5 inch Gloss Pad (https://www.autogeek.net/car-pro-5-gloss-pad.html)

And just to note - I don't believe in finishing out with a rotary buffer ONLY. In my experience and opinion - a rotary will ALWAYS leave a hologram scratch pattern IN the paint. You won't always see it depending upon the color of the paint but it's there nonetheless.

Me?

I would use ANY brand of orbital polisher for the last machine polishing step and avoid any potential for holograms down the road. Cheap insurance for your reputation.

Hope that helps....

:)

rifay1990
06-26-2020, 02:46 PM
hi mike,

thanks for your kind reply.

I have 849X.

any foam cutting & polishing pad will work with FG400 with a combination of 849X depend on the aggressiveness of the pad choosing?

rifay1990
06-26-2020, 02:47 PM
with combination of Carpro essence & gloss pad, which speed needs to be maintained on the DA?

Mike Phillips
06-26-2020, 04:07 PM
any foam cutting & polishing pad will work with FG400 with a combination of 849X depend on the aggressiveness of the pad choosing?

Yes.

with combination of Carpro essence & gloss pad, which speed needs to be maintained on the DA?

A high enough speed setting that you can SEE and MAINTAIN pad rotation.

rifay1990
06-26-2020, 07:53 PM
Yes.

A high enough speed setting that you can SEE and MAINTAIN pad rotation.

with speed setting 5-6 and medium pressure or without any pressure?