PDA

View Full Version : Can car wash shampoo be diluted to a rinseless wash?

vaced
06-24-2020, 11:42 AM
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has information or experiences to share regarding diluting car wash shampoo to a rinse less wash? Is this possible, or are there issues?

I realize car wash shampoos almost surely have less lubricity then a rinseless wash. But perhaps this can be remedied by diluting to a lower ratio (1:1 being the extreme, and admittedly unpractical example).

I don't know if a lower ratio dilution actually affects lubricity though.

Another problem is maybe the thickness of car wash shampoos -- in my experience these tend to be thicker than their rinseless counterparts, and hence don't dissolve easily when diluted.

acuRAS82
06-24-2020, 12:49 PM
Car wash shampoos leave surfactants or suds behind. They are meant to be rinsed with water. I wouldn’t try this. Someone else had a similar thread awhile back. If you search you might be able to find and see what else was discussed.

But my suggestion is to spend another $10-20 and get a dedicated Rinseless. Or risk soapy film being left on your car, dulling the surface.

Desertnate
06-24-2020, 12:54 PM
Car wash shampoos leave surfactants or suds behind. They are meant to be rinsed with water. I wouldn’t try this. Someone else had a similar thread awhile back. If you search you might be able to find and see what else was discussed.

But my suggestion is to spend another $10-20 and get a dedicated Rinseless. Or risk soapy film being left on your car, dulling the surface.

To take it one stop further, there are some products on the market like CarPro's Ech2O which can be diluted to be a rinsless wash, waterless wash, or quick detailer depending on the ratios. They are highly economical this way since bottle of concentrate will last a long time and also replace multiple products all at once.

bfielder32087
06-24-2020, 01:34 PM
I've heard P&S Pearl can be diluted to use as a RW. I've never used it at all so I can't speak to it. Just remember there being some talk about it.

For me personally though there's so many quality RW options out there that I'd rather use a dedicated product.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

WillSports3
06-24-2020, 01:45 PM
I would not do it.

oneheadlite
06-24-2020, 01:46 PM
Interesting thought exercise, but I'm with the other folks - I'd just pick up a dedicated rinseless as there are so many good options to choose from.

On top of leftover soap dulling the appearance, I'd also worry that not rinsing a traditional soap off would leave you with a similar situation to not getting all the shampoo rinsed out of the carpet - it ends up actually getting dirty faster as the detergents react to all the dirt they encounter.

While not likely, I'm picturing a car self-foaming in a parking lot during a hard rain. :laughing:

vaced
06-24-2020, 01:52 PM

This is pretty obvious in hindsight now, but I didn't put two and two together. Thanks.

acuRAS82
06-24-2020, 02:01 PM
While not likely, I'm picturing a car self-foaming in a parking lot during a hard rain. :laughing:

This would be the coolest thing ever.

Dereksdtail
06-24-2020, 02:59 PM
I’ve used pearl for both traditional and rinseless, I like it for when I have to wash in direct sun, good stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Mike Phillips
06-25-2020, 09:02 AM
There a so many great rinseless washes available - I'd suggest what these guys suggested...

But my suggestion is to spend another $10-20 and get a dedicated Rinseless.

For me personally though there's so many quality RW options out there that I'd rather use a dedicated product.

Then do this,

:autowash:

:)