PDA

View Full Version : Flex 3401 in Phoenix?

gr8almty1
06-18-2020, 10:02 PM
Anyone in Phoenix willing to let me a have a test drive before I commit? Deciding between a Flex 3401 and Rupes Bigfoot Mark IIi 16. I would come to you and use it on your premises. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips
06-19-2020, 09:43 AM
I hope someone is able to lend a helping hand...

This is one of the things people love about my classes.

Unlike some classes where you only use one brand of tool, I let everyone use everything AG sells, that's a LOT of tools.

And then you can make up your own mind which tool is best.

Good luck.

:)

dragan75
06-19-2020, 10:18 AM
Flex is more cut and better i sold mine and regret.. By big fut 21

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Duy
06-19-2020, 11:53 AM
I do! It's been through the ringer but you are more than welcome to try it out. I also have the Makita PO5000 as well. Didn't become popular like Mike has mentioned in the past but that's my current work horse until I order the Supa Beast.

gr8almty1
06-19-2020, 12:30 PM
I do! It's been through the ringer but you are more than welcome to try it out. I also have the Makita PO5000 as well. Didn't become popular like Mike has mentioned in the past but that's my current work horse until I order the Supa Beast.

Sent you a PM. Thanks

Mike Phillips
06-19-2020, 01:52 PM
I do!

It's been through the ringer but you are more than welcome to try it out.

That's really nice of you to let a forum member test out your BEAST.

Someone take some pictures and share in this thread.

:bowdown:

Mike Phillips
06-19-2020, 01:53 PM
Sent you a PM. Thanks

Looking forward to hear what you think.

Duy
06-19-2020, 05:30 PM
That's really nice of you to let a forum member test out your BEAST.

Someone take some pictures and share in this thread.

:bowdown:

I will! :xyxthumbs:

gr8almty1
06-21-2020, 10:19 AM
I hope someone is able to lend a helping hand...

This is one of the things people love about my classes.

Unlike some classes where you only use one brand of tool, I let everyone use everything AG sells, that's a LOT of tools.

And then you can make up your own mind which tool is best.

Good luck.

Not seeing much chatter or new videos for the FLEX XCE 10-8 125. Can you confirm this is the same as the 3401(as far as function) just with technological advancements?

You have a lot of videos on 3401 even a book. Is that because it’s been around for 17 years?

Would you promote the FLEX XCE 10-8 125 over the FLEX 3401? Thank you

gr8almty1
06-21-2020, 11:01 AM
Not seeing much chatter or new videos for the FLEX XCE 10-8 125. Can you confirm this is the same as the 3401(as far as function) just with technological advancements?

You have a lot of videos on 3401 even a book. Is that because it’s been around for 17 years?

Would you promote the FLEX XCE 10-8 125 over the FLEX 3401? Thank you

Disregard my question, I found a write up by you

Mike Phillips
06-21-2020, 11:04 AM
Disregard my question, I found a write up by you

Share the link to the write-up here please. I have so many articles on so many things I can't always find or remember what's where.

In a nutshell,

If I want to go as fast as I can to plow through a car I use the BEAST.

If I want to go fast but it's not vital to plow through the car I use the Supa BEAST.

If I'm not in a hurry or doing something like machine applying a wax or sealant I use the CBEAST

The lighter, quieter, cooler running Supa BEAST is my preferred option for these three characteristics.

I detailed a car on Friday and Saturday and for both cars I used the Supa BEAST.

gr8almty1
06-22-2020, 12:25 AM
Share the link to the write-up here please. I have so many articles on so many things I can't always find or remember what's where.

In a nutshell,

If I want to go as fast as I can to plow through a car I use the BEAST.

If I want to go fast but it's not vital to plow through the car I use the Supa BEAST.

If I'm not in a hurry or doing something like machine applying a wax or sealant I use the CBEAST

The lighter, quieter, cooler running Supa BEAST is my preferred option for these three characteristics.

I detailed a car on Friday and Saturday and for both cars I used the Supa BEAST.

Amazing tool. Smoother, quieter, lighter and cooler than the original.

It does not have the same maximum RPM or OPM as the original.

BEAST = 480 RPM and 9,600 OPM

Supa BEAST = 430 RPM and 8,600 OPM

CBEAST = 380 RPM and 7,600 OPM

Here's my take, if I REALLY want to bust out a job and plow through it as fast as humanly possible I use the BEAST. If not trying to hit Warp Speed - I grab the Supa Beast, much more enjoyable to use. If I have an easy job, that means the car has only light swirls, scratches, etc. and I'm not in a hurry then I grab the CBEAST.

Best pads I've found for the BEAST and Supa BEAST are either the Lake Country 6.5" Force Hybrid Pads, I can pretty much do anything with Orange, White and Black.

I also really like the RUPES 7" foam pad, in all colors, just depends on the project. For polishing gel-coat - the blue and green. For polishing car paint - the yellow and white. I like the TAPERED edge on the RUPES pads as it works well with the reach and buffing characteristics of the gear-driven 8mm tool action.

For the CBEAST - at this time I don't think there's a PERFECT pad for this tool but I do like the Buff & Shine Uro-Tech pads.

Mike Phillips
06-22-2020, 08:30 AM
And for those reading this into the future, here's the link to the reply I wrote with the above info in the seconded quoted section above.

Anyone have experience with the new corded XCE compared to the 3401? (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/flex-polishers/126500-anyone-have-experience-new-corded-xce-compared-3401-a.html)