PDA

View Full Version : Protecting Mythos Black Metallic new car

AudiFlyGuy
06-18-2020, 01:34 PM
I’d like to keep my new car looking new. I did not purchase
the paint protection package from the dealer. My main concern
is protecting the paint as best I can from bug residue and bird poop as well
as dirt and grime. I also want to keep it shining.

Is there a product or products you would recommend? My car is
straight from the dealer. I haven’t washed it yet or used any products.

Thank you!

OCD-tailing
06-18-2020, 01:41 PM
A few questions..., is the car garage kept? Where do you live? Is it a daily driver? Do you have time to properly maintain it or will it be sent through a touchless car wash?

My family has 5 vehicles and all 5 have ceramic coatings on them. It is awesome protection and everyday washes are easier BUT you have to take the time to do them correctly. The answers to the questions above will go a long way toward folks being able to help you out.

Congrats on the new ride. Pictures???

AudiFlyGuy
06-18-2020, 01:47 PM
Thank you for the reply. The car is garage kept. It is not my daily driver but will
be used for leisure and light travel occasionally.
I do wash my own cars. I’m able to do so at least twice a month.

grovlet
06-22-2020, 04:14 PM
I have good luck on my S4 with:
- Polish with CarPro Essence
- Coated with CQuartz UK 3.0
- Wash with Chemical Guys Honey Dew Soap or do Rinseless wash with Wolfgang Uber Waterless Wash
- Maintain with any one of the Spray on / Rinse off Sio2 Spray Coatings (CarPro Hydro2 / DP Hydro Wet Seal / BlackFire Hydro Seal) - I actually use the "Blue One" that we shouldn't discuss....

This summer I will also be trying washing with Wolfgang Uber Coating wash.

FYI my car is a DD and the UK 3.0 has made it 2 years using these ideals (including rinseless washes in winter) - I'll be refreshing it later this summer.... Just polished it all off this Saturday and will be looking to finish it up in an upcoming weekend:buffing: (Ran out of time:dunno:)

The Guz
06-22-2020, 04:58 PM
Are you looking into a ceramic coating or sealant?

AudiFlyGuy
06-22-2020, 09:15 PM
Great information. I appreciate your sharing it with me.

AudiFlyGuy
06-22-2020, 09:17 PM
I would prefer a sealant mainly because I’m more familiar with these

dennis b
06-23-2020, 05:53 AM
I have Mythos Black paint on my Audi. The longest lasting sealant I've used to date is a combination of Duragloss 105/601 mixed 4:1. It lasted a solid six months.

Mixing Duragloss 111 sealant with 601 would also be a good choice. The key is to use the 601 with the 105 or the 111. It's the same principle as using Part A&B epoxy. 601 is the hardener component and gives the sealant longevity.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
06-23-2020, 04:23 PM

In that case I recommend this product. Behaves exactly as a sealant but gives added protection over a traditional sealant.
Wolfgang SiO2 Paint Sealant (https://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-sio2-paint-sealant.html)

Recently completed a review on it.
Product Review: Wolfgang Si02 Paint Sealant (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/126335-product-review-wolfgang-si02-paint-sealant.html)

grovlet
06-24-2020, 01:30 PM

I do also try different products / ideals on my other cars (Subaru LGT / Camaro) - I also like to use Gyeon Can Coat - it's a "Coating Light" - meaning it's sort of like combination of sealant and coating - it applies similar to a sealant and has only 6 - 8 month durability, but has behavior of coating (beading / appearance/ generally self cleaning )

You might take look at that as well - it's super easy to apply and really has nice look with good durability - same maintenance protocols as you would a coating to help extend the durability.