PDA

View Full Version : Cquartz lite application question (using reload after application)

kevinmfitz
06-17-2020, 08:37 AM
I am a first time user of Carpro Cquartz lite. I applied it Monday morning and I am very happy with the results.
I want to apply Reload now as well, but the car has a good amount of dust on it now in my garage.
Can I wash the car with Carpro reset shampoo today and then apply reload? Has Cquartz lite had enough time to cure?

Thanks

dwaleke
06-17-2020, 09:11 AM
High sio2 based coatings typically take weeks to fully cure. Likely less time for the lite product.

Reload is used to protect the coating from water while it is curing and is often applied the same day the coating is applied (if the car might get wet). But if you can avoid getting the car wet then you don't need Reload (for now).

I've been told by some experienced experts here to wait a month before applying Reload if it were possible. That's not always possible though.

In your situation I would not want to use Reset that soon after applying a coating. I would wait at least a week before putting any kind of surfactant on your car (ideally longer though).

kevinmfitz
06-17-2020, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the reply. Well this is certainly confusing, The car Pro website says to wait 48 hours to cure for cQuartz lite. They also recommended applying reload 1 hour after the application of Cquartz lite to prevent water spotting if the car got wet somehow. Some popular you tubers recommended waiting 48 hours to cure as well before applying reload.
Car pro customer service said I can wash the car with small amount reset and carefully dry and then apply reload. Clear as mud as they say.

Eldorado2k
06-17-2020, 09:55 AM
Car pro customer service said I can wash the car with small amount reset and carefully dry and then apply reload. Clear as mud as they say.

Wash the car with a small amount of Reset and risk instilling swirls due to lack of lubricity... I wonder what they’d recommend then? Lol.

The Guz
06-17-2020, 10:19 AM
Do you live in an area where it rains or where the coating will be subject to water? If not skip reload until the first wash after a week. You have only 3 more days until a full wash anyway.

By the way always listen to the manufacturer when it comes to curing times rather than yotubers.

kevinmfitz
06-17-2020, 10:49 AM
I made a mistake here, they actually said high dilution: 30ml for 20L, so like 1oz for 5 gallons.

kevinmfitz
06-17-2020, 10:52 AM
Thanks Guz.
Car pro team said to wait until Friday to wash the car if possible. That should not be an issue for me. I appreciate this forum.

WillSports3
06-17-2020, 04:31 PM
I would avoid Reload if all possible. It doesn't really have good protection and more likely than not, it'll ruin your coating.