PDA

View Full Version : Cost effective methods of cleaning tree sap i.e. without alcohol

SixZee
06-13-2020, 05:39 AM
Hello folks,

that period of the year is upon us and my car has fine sprinkles of tree sap all over it. I just can't skip it. All parking spots in the development are under the trees. Now that rubbing alcohol has becomes very difficult to find, what other 'cost effective' solutions are there to clean tree sap?

Plus, is there is any tree sap removing concentrate that one can put in windshield washer fluid. I use Rain-X orange washer fluid.

Anyone tried nail polish remover? Does it affect paint?

Thanks in advance.

Buster906
06-13-2020, 06:57 AM
Hand sanitizer will remove tree sap. But contains alcohol.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Mike Hoekstra
06-13-2020, 07:10 AM
My neighbor's son came home from Tennessee after his time in the army. His pickup was completely coated in thick layers of sap. I don't know what kind of trees were down there, but I've never seen tree sap as thick or bad as his. After trying a few things, Blackfire Super Degreaser diluted 1:4 with water (1 part SG to 4 parts h2o) made relatively quick work of the sap.

As for windows, I use Pinnacle Glass coat after I get them clean which does help to remove contaminants somewhat. I used Splash brand window cleaner in my pickup when we lived in town and the sap would settle on the windows. It's cleaned it off every morning without issue.

WillSports3
06-13-2020, 02:09 PM
Try spit. I usually just dab a bit of spit on a fingertip and dab it on and rub. Reason: saliva is slightly acidic.