PDA

View Full Version : Si02 Spray over Synthetic Sealants

spewking
06-09-2020, 05:05 AM
I like the Si02 sprays and have used them only on my cars that have been coated in their last full detail.
i have not used them to top my car that has a synthetic sealant —- WGDGS. I have used the WG spritz or Beadmaker as a topper on this car.

Wondering if you have used a spray Si02 over a synthetic...did you like it? Think it’s better than the syn sprays? Is there any concern of “mixing” and having an Si02 spray topper over a syn sealant? I have not used an Si02 spray on the WGDGS yet and just wondering what your advice or experience is.

WillSports3
06-09-2020, 06:40 AM
I've used it before and to be honest, it's alright. It depends on what spray SiO2 product you use. Really, what happens when you layer like that is that the SiO2 spray will generally give the surface a more glassy look and the water behaviour/protection will just become whatever the top layer is.

acuRAS82
06-09-2020, 07:45 AM
Use WG Uber SiO2 Spray Sealant as the topper for that. It uses the similar WG polymers to hopefully blend with the DGPS look, and it’s advertised as fine for topping sealants.

Jayfro
06-09-2020, 08:15 AM
Not to hijack the thread but...I just applied WGDGS to my black Acura TLX and it looks fantastic. I've seen on AGO that it can be "recommended" to apply Fuzion Wax on top of DGS, would Pinnacle Liquid Souveran work as well or are the formulations between the two waxes that different that it's recommended to use Fuzion?

Thank you
Jay

WillSports3
06-09-2020, 09:28 AM
So I've started moving away from waxes. Looks great but here's something for you to read about pure carnauba waxes.

Carnauba Car Wax: The Acidic truth (https://www.drbeasleys.com/blog/2012/03/03/the-acidic-truth-about-carnauba-wax/)

Essentially speaking, the wax on top will start degrading the sealant underneath slowly. It's one of the reasons why if you were to wax a car and keep the car in the garage, you can come back after a few month and polish the car and it'll take a little bit of yellowing off of it.

Nexifer
06-09-2020, 01:45 PM
Can it be used on a windshield? Trying to avoid/correct chatter...

Jayfro
06-09-2020, 02:44 PM
So I've started moving away from waxes. Looks great but here's something for you to read about pure carnauba waxes.

Carnauba Car Wax: The Acidic truth (https://www.drbeasleys.com/blog/2012/03/03/the-acidic-truth-about-carnauba-wax/)

Essentially speaking, the wax on top will start degrading the sealant underneath slowly. It's one of the reasons why if you were to wax a car and keep the car in the garage, you can come back after a few month and polish the car and it'll take a little bit of yellowing off of it.

Thank you for the information, I look forward to reading later this evening.

Jay

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline