PDA

View Full Version : Correct way to apply Eraser prior to coating?

Bobbykart
06-07-2020, 10:10 AM
Do I just spray it on and wipe off with towel? Is there anything I should be looking for? Goal is to remove any left over polish , etc?

WillSports3
06-07-2020, 10:50 AM
Goal is to remove any left over polish oils or anything else. Usually it's for right before a coating or something like that. I always spray down the panel so it's fully covered then spray a bit onto the towel. I let the liquid sit on the panels for a bit for the chemicals to dissolve the oils and what not since it's not an instant process. Then I go over with the wet towel slowly over everything a few times, not so much wiping as massaging the products into the paint, so to speak. Then I follow up with a dry towel to buff off any residue. Depending on what I'm doing, I usually give the product about 15 minutes to fully evaporate before the coating step.

The Guz
06-07-2020, 12:11 PM
No need to over think it. Spray and wipe it is as simple as that.

CarPro put the directions on the label as well.

Paint Cleaning Directions:

Fold Crazy Pile or CarPro 2 Face Towel twice (forming a folded 8”x8” area)
Spray liberally across 2-3 Sq Ft. area and one or 2 spritz on your towel and immediately wipe off.
When wiping place your folded towel flat against the surface and use even pressure.
Wipe in a sweeping motion as you turn corners (not a stop and start motion)
Utilize a “secondary” towel with a spritz of Eraser for a final wipe before moving on.

WillSports3
06-07-2020, 03:58 PM
Only reason I advocate those coating for my method is because a lot of coating failures have happened because the pores of the clearcoat heat up and oil from the polish are deposited in. So anytime the car gets heated up again such as sitting in the sun, the oil starts becoming exposed to the coating, resulting in early coating failure.

So, for me it's better to be safe than sorry and just overdo it. I also spray eraser on right after I finish polishing the specific section, when the pores of the clear are still open.

The Guz
06-07-2020, 08:02 PM
I use it as an aid to remove the polish and then do another final wipe. Unless I’m using Essence.

vobro
06-07-2020, 08:35 PM
I’m with Guz, I use Eraser panel by panel as soon as I’m done polishing then again right before coating