PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Still Use Detail Sprays?

Pages : [1] 2 3

spewking
06-07-2020, 09:10 AM
I have a few detail sprays but I find myself not reaching for those if I have a quick wipe down to do between washes.
With the waterless wash products now available, and the ability to get a detailer level concentration, it seems like the waterless wash has more lubricity and less chance of scratching during these quick touch ups. Maybe the detail sprays have a little more gloss built in.

Thoughts? What do you use for the quick touch ups between washes?

Klasse Act
06-07-2020, 09:19 AM
I really don't use them since RW/WW's can be made to do what the old detailer sprays once did[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bill D
06-07-2020, 09:40 AM
I have a bunch still left over that I’m probably never going to get rid of so I use them when I can

Klasse Act
06-07-2020, 09:58 AM
I have a bunch still left over that I’m probably never going to get rid of so I use them when I canIf you have that much leftover maybe use them for door jams, wheels after their cleaned and maybe exhaust tips and engine bays. There's always a use for something[emoji362]

C5Longhorn
06-07-2020, 10:21 AM
Agree with what others have posted here, I use RW/WW sprays now, but still have several leftovers. One I still use after a wash is Kenotech Showroom Shine.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Klasse Act
06-07-2020, 10:30 AM
Agree with what others have posted here, I use RW/WW sprays now, but still have several leftovers. One I still use after a wash is Kenotech Showroom Shine.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using TapatalkAWESOME product, I have it as well. It's so much more than a "detail spray" though and ofcoarse you know what I mean since you have it[emoji779]

WillSports3
06-07-2020, 11:04 AM
I still do, oddly enough my favourite detail spray is Chemical Guys Speed spray.
Mind you, I don't keep it for my car, I keep it around for my dads car or one of my friends cars.
For my car, I keep a set series of products for it based on the fact that it's coated.
If I'm working on a guy that is non-coated, that's when the detail sprays come out.

Other wise I just stick to WW/RW products. My current favourite is McKee rinseless wash.

Bruno Soares
06-07-2020, 02:54 PM
Can use them as drying aid. I was using Gyeon Quick Detailer as drying aid up until I detailed my car in April (it hasn’t been washed since) and it’s nice. Seemed to deliver similar slickness and gloss as Bead Maker but without being a dust magnet. Smells much nicer too, like coconuts.

PaulMys
06-07-2020, 04:29 PM
I still like to use Griot's Speed Shine.

And Roger was right on in his post above. The sprays are great for door jambs, etc. And I also use them on my lawn equipment.

FUNX650
06-07-2020, 04:42 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/97CA189E-EEE4-4316-858F-DEEE326CA649.jpeg

Bob

JDGolden
06-07-2020, 05:04 PM
I usually have a rinseless wash mixed up for a quick detailer.

The Kenotech detailer that good? Maybe I should try it. Always wanted to try Wizards Mist n Shine too, but I like that the Kenotech states it has anti-static elements to repel dust. As I’ve mentioned before, I live off of a dirt road so any help in that aspect is appealing to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klasse Act
06-07-2020, 05:16 PM
Kenotek also has a great spray bottle too, don't throw it away[emoji6][emoji362]

Coatingsarecrack
06-08-2020, 06:25 AM
Speedshine is awesome but i find myself using Ech20 merlin style in it’s place. Not anywhere as slick tho....

I really like Megs Hybrid ceramic detailer but use more as after wash than inbetween detailer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C5Longhorn
06-08-2020, 06:57 AM
I've been very happy with the Kenotech. It has a nice shine and the anti static properties are noticeable.

Rick

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

acuRAS82
06-08-2020, 07:16 AM
Pretty much only using QDs as drying aids these days. I still believe good QDs give more gloss/shine than the mixed WW/RW detailer, for the most part. My wife tends to compliment the look when I drying aid with QDs.