PDA

View Full Version : windshield coating

Pages : [1] 2

gregory1420
06-05-2020, 08:42 PM
what are you guys using to coat your windshield? i have used adams in the past and it was alright but didnt last as long as i was looking for. i have also used Pinnacle black label diamond surface coating and dont really care how it preforms. the beads are pretty small and it makes it hard to see with that type of beading. should i use the pinnacle black label glass coating or would that perform the same? looking for something that will last atleast 6 months as i live in south florida.

2nd question whats the best way to remove the current coating? ceriglass?

Bruno Soares
06-05-2020, 09:00 PM
I use McKee’s 37 glass coating and I’m satisfied with it. Can be a little hard to wipe off if it’s hot/humid but overall a good option.

OMGClayAiken
06-05-2020, 10:10 PM
Aquapel is an easy to use product and lasts 6 months for me here in the pacific nw.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Mike Hoekstra
06-05-2020, 10:23 PM
Pinnacle Red/Yellow label Glass Coat. The stuff is amazing. I put it on our 10 year old Highlander that is now our daughter's car. It sat outside fall, winter, spring and still sheeted/beaded water like mad when I gave it the first spring wash. Living in the frozen wastelands of North Dakota, it also helps removing ice and frost by making it slightly easier. I have it on my car driving down interstate at 75 during a good rain without using wipers. It's a little pricey but a little goes a long way.

Mike Hoekstra
06-05-2020, 10:24 PM
CarPro Ceriglass is your best bet with rayon pads.

hoyt66
06-06-2020, 04:31 AM
I use this once a year on my truck. Daily driver kept outside 24/7 and every day I drive 1/4 mile of dirt road until I reach concrete. The coating holds up exceptionally well.

CarPro FlyBy30 Windshield & Glass Coating Kit (https://www.autogeek.net/carpro-flyby30-glass-coating.html)

PA DETAILER
06-06-2020, 06:49 AM
I use the PINNACLE GLASS TWINS. Fantastic results.

Pinnacle Glass Twins (https://www.autogeek.net/glass-care-combo.html)

BudgetPlan1
06-06-2020, 06:50 AM
2nd question whats the best way to remove the current coating? ceriglass?
While ya could go this route, a simple polish light foam cutting/polishing pad will remove coating. Isn't Ceriglas a sorta messy process?

gregory1420
06-06-2020, 09:29 AM
While ya could go this route, a simple polish light foam cutting/polishing pad will remove coating. Isn't Ceriglas a sorta messy process?

Yes it is. i have other polishes i could use to remove the coating thats on there now

BudgetPlan1
06-06-2020, 09:38 AM
Yes it is. i have other polishes i could use to remove the coating thats on there nowFrom what I've heard of the process, I'd probably replace the windshield before I'd indulge in that process to remove scratches [emoji1]

acuRAS82
06-06-2020, 10:14 AM
From what I've heard of the process, I'd probably replace the windshield before I'd indulge in that process to remove scratches [emoji1]

Are you saying that it’s very hard to remove wiper scratches from windshields? I never had luck but never gave it 100% effort. Was wondering if I should try now as I’m about to re-apply PBL Glass Coating.

BudgetPlan1
06-06-2020, 10:22 AM
Are you saying that it’s very hard to remove wiper scratches from windshields? I never had luck but never gave it 100% effort. Was wondering if I should try now as I’m about to re-apply PBL Glass Coating.Have seen mentions of Ceri w Rayon pads can do that to some lighter scratches but apparently quite a messy process.

Dunno too much about it but someone somewhere suggested if ya go at it too hard, can affect the optical clarity?

Safelite exists for a reason [emoji16]

gregory1420
06-06-2020, 11:38 AM
i am not trying to remove scratches just trying to remove the coating

Bruno Soares
06-06-2020, 12:37 PM

Any polish or compound will do.

Rsurfer
06-06-2020, 12:51 PM

Its funny how your question can end up in left field.