PDA

View Full Version : Any waxes/sealants better with heat than others

tjevans
06-03-2020, 01:08 PM
I just bought a gunmetal gray new car. It stays outside--there's no covered parking at home or at work. So I want to protect the paint to the best of my ability.

Is there any wax/sealant that is known for lasting longer in summer heat and humidity (I live in Mississippi) than others? Or, for that matter, any known to not tolerate heat and humidity that well?

I'm also considering getting the car coated, but detailing my car is the only thing I do for "me time." I hesitate to get the car coated because it would eliminate some of the time I regularly spend working on the car's exterior and decompressing from the work week.

NaptownVagabond
06-03-2020, 01:13 PM
Finish Kare 1000p is known for its heat resistance. When I was looking at it there were a lot of reviews from Florida and Arizona that liked it because it didn’t get killed by the sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FUNX650
06-03-2020, 06:49 PM
Another vote for FK1000P.

Bob

JDGolden
06-04-2020, 06:25 AM
As soon as I saw the thread title I knew Finishkare would be recommended. I have a new tin that I am going to try out soon.

The Guz
06-04-2020, 01:59 PM
I just bought a gunmetal gray new car. It stays outside--there's no covered parking at home or at work. So I want to protect the paint to the best of my ability.

Is there any wax/sealant that is known for lasting longer in summer heat and humidity (I live in Mississippi) than others? Or, for that matter, any known to not tolerate heat and humidity that well?

I'm also considering getting the car coated, but detailing my car is the only thing I do for "me time." I hesitate to get the car coated because it would eliminate some of the time I regularly spend working on the car's exterior and decompressing from the work week.

Look into Gyeon CanCoat. Easy to apply and durable. It is not a full fledged coating (ie coating lite). Benefits of a coating without the long term durability.

Just because the car is coated does not mean your "me time" is over. They still need to be maintained.

This is why I'm a fan of CanCoat (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/gyeon-car-care-products/126658-why-im-fan-cancoat.html)

Nix
06-04-2020, 06:11 PM
Fk1000p