PDA

View Full Version : Wax or sealant recommend

jarabian52
05-30-2020, 01:32 PM
So I just got my G9 in and Im attempting to fix scratches on my charger hellcat. Is there a wax you guys recommend? Im gonna use HDspeed as an AIO for polish as I do not want to compound a newer car. Also what pads should I grab, I figure an orange, is there anything else? Thank you.

PaulMys
05-30-2020, 05:02 PM
Speed works great with an orange pad for light correction, generally speaking.

The only way to know for sure on your paint is to do a test spot. Maybe a white pad will work. You'll never know until you test.

Speed is a dream to work with, and will leave your paint slicker than owl poop. However, the protection doesn't last too long. I like to top mine with my favorite LSP.

jarabian52
05-30-2020, 07:02 PM
Speed works great with an orange pad for light correction, generally speaking.

The only way to know for sure on your paint is to do a test spot. Maybe a white pad will work. You'll never know until you test.

Speed is a dream to work with, and will leave your paint slicker than owl poop. However, the protection doesn't last too long. I like to top mine with my favorite LSP.

Haha I just ordered the autoscrub clay sponge. And I think im gonna get some onr for lube. I heard the green pads were best for aio, think im gonna grab 2 white, orange and greens.

jarabian52
05-30-2020, 07:04 PM
also ONR would be nice cause I wanna do half one day the rest the next day,

jarabian52
05-30-2020, 07:06 PM
Would you recommend flat pad or CCS?

PaulMys
05-30-2020, 07:11 PM
Would you recommend flat pad or CCS?

I like the Flat LC pads. JMO

acuRAS82
05-31-2020, 05:29 AM

Man, I’ve never encountered owl poo, but now you got me wanting to touch if it’s as slick as Speed. I wonder if it would etch through clear coat or simply slide off of a car (especially a car with Speed).

JDGolden
05-31-2020, 08:07 AM
I've had good luck with HD Speed topped with Collinite 845.